Author Topic: magnum research baby desert eagle II 9mm  (Read 6083 times)

blue9uy

magnum research baby desert eagle II 9mm
« on: March 07, 2013, 04:42:18 PM »
hello guys i just got my baby eagle few weeks ago ran 300 round it shoots great but im having some problem wondering if thats normal...
the problem 1st is that i got the gun from gunbroker.com listed as new full size poly frame 9mm
and at the ffl i did not check carefully on the pistol and when i got back realize it might be a semi compact instead a full
but that doesn't matter its same price and good size to carry

so the 1st problem with the gun when i insert a new mag with 15round and rack the slide to load it failed to feed 7 or 8 out of 10 times (main problem)
and it failed to feed 2 or 3 times during the shooting from the 300 round so i am guessing i just have to break it in

2nd problem when i shoot the gun the trigger slaps my trigger finger wondering if thats normal?  (not really my main but i shot quiet few hand gun and only this one does it just wondering why)
i only shot with Remington UMC 115gr, i did load some gold dot but it did not fail to feed
and i did clean the pistol 3 times every 100 round

if anyone know whats the problem please leave a message

thanks

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: magnum research baby desert eagle II 9mm
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »
Magazines sometimes need a short time to breaking the spring. The tension is a bit strong and when racking can cause it to jam or not feed correctly. Instead of loading 15 rounds at the range put in 10-11 rounds. After a few mags up it to 12-13 then 14-15. At home load it up to full 15 rounds while sitting. While I've read about this often I've only had this issue with my Walther PPS and one 8 round mag. After a week fully loaded the spring tension lessened perfectly. I have since put many 100s of rounds through it and its flawless.

Since you say you've shot quite a few handguns its not likely the issue but I'll ask it anyways. When racking the slide back you do let it go to slide forward on its own correct? Don't try to baby the slide forward as its not designing for that. Pull back, let go.

The trigger slap thing. Of all the handguns I own I've never experienced it. To clarify, is it the trigger or the small safety in the trigger. (Note.. Does the Baby Eagle have this trigger safety?) over on the Walther forums I've read where a few people have had the issue of the trigger safety snapping forward and pinching/slapping the trigger finger. I had one individual at the local range ask to shoot my PPQ and said it pinched his finger. Odd, a few 1000 rounds through that firearm and I've never felt it.. And I don't have tough, calloused hands or fingers. It could be just finger placement. Have you adjusted your grip and finger placement?

I know of 2 Walther handguns sent back and they received replacement triggers. Explained that the gap for the trigger safety was just ever so lightly wider then spec. One said it resolved the problem, the other said it didn't.

I've seen many of those feeling this slap or pinch get frustrated and simply sell and buy another. Also, while I mention Walther its mainly because I really like these. This slap/pinch thing is mentioned now and then in regards to all manufactures with this type of trigger safety. It's a hit and miss and/or a personal thing from my experience. Next time at the range ask someone else or he range officer to shoot and see if they feel it.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
Your main issue is probably using UMC ammo.  I find it causes failure to feed and fire in a few of my guns.  I have never had any issues with those guns using other ammo.  I recommend switching ammo like I did.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

jopy2020

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 12:13:47 AM »
One thing you can do is number your mags, and see if it occurs with an individual mag or all of them. That way you can eliminate it as a mag issue. Also use specific ammo. In other words, when you fire the umc ammo it happens, but when you fire gold dots it doesn't. I don't have these issues with my pistols, but I have heard that some can be particular on ammo choice. Just a tip, make sure you are using follow through on your shots, squeeze the trigger back and hold, then release and see if you notice a difference. 
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County