Author Topic: Pocket .380  (Read 3209 times)

Chris19804

Pocket .380
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:51:20 PM »
Hey guys. Need some help. Can somebody explain to me the differences between a Kahr P380 and a Ruger LCP? I don't mean their operational differences like one locks back on last round, or their magazine capacity. I mean why is there such a price difference between the two? Is it the material the guns are made out of? Stronger metals? Tighter machining? I guess I'm trying to decide if the more expensive gun is worth the $300 more or not. Thanks guys.

Bmel17

Re: Pocket .380
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
it's what you described, and brand.  You pay $20 for a sweater, but you pay $100 for a designer sweater.  People do swear by Kahrs though, but I have never had an issue with any of my Rugers.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »
I have the LCP.  It's OK.  (Used for when the clothes will not hide a 1911.)
Thinking about the XD-S.  Just like the idea of 45 VS 380.

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:07:51 PM »
I've been pocket (holster) carrying the Sig P232 (.380) for years. I also wanted to step up, and bought a .45 XDs. I like the pistol, but the problem I'm having is getting a good purchase when drawing it from the pocket. Seems I don't get my hand deep enough to engage that grip safety on the rear. Not giving up, trying different holsters. But I'm not comfortable enough yet to carry it. I'm old school tech, trying to adapt to all these new dang safeties. Might have to switch to my old old Sig P226 in a IWB. Only internal safeties, which I'm more used to. With an aftermarket Mec Gar 18 round flush magazine, 19 rounds of 9mm hollow points isn't bad....
New Castle County