Author Topic: Sig Scorpion 45  (Read 5019 times)

Blaserman

Sig Scorpion 45
« on: February 03, 2014, 02:08:31 AM »
  anyone have an opion on these . Someone wants to trade as part of a deal.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Sig Scorpion 45
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 02:06:04 PM »
New Castle County

JKRight

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 06:19:14 PM »
I have the carry model.  It is a my favorite gun for the range, but it does have an issue with not locking back after last round that I need to address.  I use both Sig and Wilson Combat mags.  I would love to carry it, but this little issue gives me pause.  I am far more accurate with it than any of my other handguns.  Just had it out Sunday morning and it was so nice..except for not locking back..@@@@ thing!

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 02:10:15 AM »
The most common cause for failure to lock back on empty in a 1911 is the magazine springs. If you haven't done so, you should dissemble the magazines and clean the springs and inside the mag tube (make sure the top of the follower is NOT lubricated). If the springs are clean, you should try replacing the springs (even then, mags eventually wear out).

The easiest thing to check, however, is the grip. A thumb on the slide stop lever when shooting (thumbs forward grip) can cause this. It doesn't happen with all 1911s. For example, I have several 1911s but only one where I have to really watch this.

Also, take the slide off and look to make sure the lip of the magazine follower is actually engaging the follower on the inside of the frame (it should "just" catch it). A mag might begin by catching it but then, after a bit of wear, might miss it.

Also watch ammo..make sure load is adequate to take the slide all the way back......

JKRight

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »
Thanks, Chris.  I will do just that.  I never cleaned the mags before use and I really should have.  By the way, thank you for an awesome experience with my wife's new P238.  We had it out Sunday and she loved it.  Wonderful little gun.  She is really fond of the rainbow finish..unfortunately for me, she loves shiny things.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 03:59:47 AM »
Glad to see she likes it...nice pistol....appreciate you two stopping over....

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 12:29:48 PM »
@Federal, thanks for the explanation on the mag issues. I had not thought of that so I will also check my old mags to be sure they are in good condition.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County