Author Topic: Markell's Proposals for Gun 'Control'  (Read 19548 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Markell's Proposals for Gun 'Control'
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »
When will they stop saying the Bushmaster AR15 was used in the Newtown shootings. It wasn't! Many of the residents in that area are starting to get tired of this as well. I've talked to a friend who lives in the area though not Newtown and was told a lot of people are starting to feel they are being used for political reasons. No sh|t I told him.

Forum moderators... This proposal is crazy. Have you thought of a mass email to all signed up users and a sticky at the top of each page? Might be an idea for those who don't login/read the forums much. A large showing on 1/20 could help and the more people who know could result in more people showing up. Just an idea. :)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »
Some of your colleagues will be opposed to what we’re trying to do,” Schwartzkopf said. “It doesn’t make any sense to me. We dress you up, we train you, we put you in a bullet proof vest to protect your life. Then we’re going to allow the bad guys to have better weapons than you guys? It makes no sense

What do all of you make of this paragraph?

It says it's a revolving door and they DO NOT keep the criminals in jail where they belong.  Ya know, that poor kid had a rough childhood. Or, he's is poor.  Or, ....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 03:04:55 PM »
I sent an "E" mail to Markell (for whatever good it will do), with a link to the NBC news article, which chronicles the fact that an AR was not used in Conn., and the the statement stating it was, in part 4 of his proposed new law was a lie. I also said the ban on large cap. mags would allow using one at a range was ok, but we could not take it there over a highway, was a law which required alot more (rational) thought. We need to flood Markell's office with (well written not emotional) letters, before they can pass these laws.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »
I feel that letters to politicians seldom if ever get to there hands to read. I don't see any proof that they are interested in what we have to say, unless it's what they want to hear. They have their own agendas and refuse to listen to trytghful facts from responsible, trained, knowledgable gun owners. They are too likely to follow party lines, which makes them sheep (followers) , not sheppards (leaders).
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 03:57:14 PM »
When will they stop saying the Bushmaster AR15 was used in the Newtown shootings. It wasn't!
I sent an "E" mail to Markell (for whatever good it will do), with a link to the NBC news article, which chronicles the fact that an AR was not used in Conn.,

I am having trouble with this. I cannot find a credible source that says the Bushmaster WAS NOT used.  There may have been some confusing information put out early in this case but I think it has been settled.  Please cite a source for saying the Bushmaster was not used.  Thank you.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
Now 2 weeks ago I had read a number of articles saying this including a video report showing authorities removing a shotgun from the trunk and the reporter saying the ar had been removed from the back seat. Looking now via Google I can't find the video and many of the articles I remember reading can't be found. I know NBC and FOX both had video reports on it, don't remember who had the video of them removing the shotgun. Still, there does seem to be a mix of information right from day one regarding what he used. I'd like to hear eyewitness accounts.. surely someone in the school saw him. What about surveillance cameras at the school?

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 11:20:30 PM »
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/   nice , easy , fast email to all the officials.   So they can delete more junk.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

CMF

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 12:36:16 AM »
“Thlax: I just saw this and spat my lunch out. This is BS. I am praying my Daniel Defense ships this week as planned.”
I ordered my DDM4V1 on 1/3/13, I too hope to receive before any anti-gun legislation. How did you get a build date? I can never get through and now they are at Shot Show until the 22nd, I’m still in the dark. 

“Hawkeye: I have been saying this for years and not just about guns. Facts be damned, the liberals prey on emotions so trying to argue logic will not work. “
Oh how true Hawkeye, scary thought 50% of the country is so ignorant but then look at whom they elected and how improved the country is since he has been in the White House.

Delawareans currently possess large-capacity magazines lawfully, the bill would make such possession unlawful only if it occurs (1) in a public place (which would include highways, schools, parks, restaurants, bars, and similar locations), and (2) within 20 feet of a firearm capable of accepting such magazine.  The bill would exempt certain shooting ranges from the definition of “public place,” so that the possession and use of large-capacity magazines at such ranges would not be prohibited.

So how do we drive to an exempt range with our 30 round mag? A public highway is prohibited. I guess the ranges will need to purchase lockers for us to rent to keep our large capacity mags.

How asinine. The inmates are running the Asylum.
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Thlax

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 12:55:04 AM »
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/   nice , easy , fast email to all the officials.   So they can delete more junk.

Thanks for the resource. Done !

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:19 AM »
I would assume your Daniel Defense AR15 will still arrive, as you paid for it and its considered sold. Therefore a pre-ban AR. But what do I know....
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 01:22:55 AM »

I never fill out that kind of Web form... but I just did. Thanks.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Thlax

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 01:55:57 AM »
I would assume your Daniel Defense AR15 will still arrive, as you paid for it and its considered sold. Therefore a pre-ban AR. But what do I know....
Exactly. One of the best lessons I've learned in my young life so far is "nothing is done, until its done done". Until my DD is in my hands and possession, its not done done. Spoke to DD today and it should ship out Thursday or Friday! Haha, just notice Daniel Defense, Done Done, are both DD

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/   nice , easy , fast email to all the officials.   So they can delete more junk.

I never fill out that kind of Web form... but I just did. Thanks.

Same

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 02:40:58 AM »
New Castle County

Kilroy08

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 03:21:30 AM »
I just spent the last two hours writing letters to my Rep, Senator, the Governor and the AG. Already sent via email and hard copies going out in the morning.

I've done my duty, see you guys at the rally next Sunday.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 08:48:37 AM »
Sandy hook was a tradgedy. 

What the media did afterwards was nothing short of another tradgedy.

How many hours of Bushmaster did we have to endure?
The balistics of the bullet.
The rounds it can carry.

And weeks later, MSMBC, said it was  NEVER   used.   The video shows a Saiga shotgun, or 1100 Remington being pulled from the trunk of the car.   Not a Bushmaster.

So lets look at the motives.

Money.  Cerbrius group owend CBS up till early 2012?   Also , they owned Freedom group.  "Bushmaster"  and others Untill Dec.

So , when you glorify these incidents, On CBS, and guns sell like hotcakes, because fear of bans, then Cebrius,  watches its stocks go through the top.

I'd like to see the money trail.  How much stock went up in the last 4 years.

I'd really like to see news agencys loose there FCC liscence from Faulty News.    Or propoganda.  From the left.

We need to keep anyone with mental illness from owning guns.  Any more than this, is purely a gun grab.

If the army can train a 18  year old kid, to go into a dark minefield, with live fire, and retrieve a soldier. 
4 years of XBOX MW2 to  a metally ill kid, can distort his elevator to not hit past floor 1.   

Do you think the above paragraph sums it up?
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.