Author Topic: School district ok teachers with CCDW at schools  (Read 2684 times)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
School district ok teachers with CCDW at schools
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:44:29 AM »
Now we have a school district that is thinking correctly to protect their students.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ore-school-board-votes-staff-pack-heat-school/story?id=20692287
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: School district ok teachers with CCDW at schools
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »
OMG!  Think of the children!
(I actually think they are - AND interested in keeping them SAFE!)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 01:24:01 AM »
No, WE do not..  but Oregon does.  I'd think that it was an april fools joke if Delaware actually considered this!

SMH

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »
Thumbs up to that school board!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 03:30:59 AM »
No, WE do not..  but Oregon does.  I'd think that it was an april fools joke if Delaware actually considered this!

SMH

Moosie
As we discussed in another thread ( http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=2886.0 ), it appears that we can carry in DE primary and secondary schools.  Federal law (Gun-Free School Zones Act, Title 18 U.S.C.
§ 922(q) ) allows concealed in a state where you hold a resident CCDW permit, e.g., DE permit is not good in another state. Interestingly, the Fed law applies only to "law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity"; LEOSA does not qualify.

HB 67 as written would eliminate the CCDW school carry, so DE is moving the opposite direction of Oregon.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »
precisely my point.  WE (as in we delawareans) do not have a school district who ok's teachers with CCDW's at school.. however, Oregon does. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident