Author Topic: Thank God for TUF-Cloth...  (Read 2099 times)

rusirius

Thank God for TUF-Cloth...
« on: July 04, 2011, 03:55:48 AM »
So as I mentioned in my log post, I've been carrying around the house for a while now while waiting for my permit.  Yesterday I had a fun filled day at the range (a private range) I kept it in my supertuck.  The supertuck is horse, so it's obviously repelling water (i.e. sweat) a bit better than others.  I'll be the first to admit that I sweat like a mad man, but wow... Yesterday several times when I drew it the side close to my body was absolutely DRENCHED.  Even today since I carried it all day, when I just removed it to clean it (hadn't cleaned since several hundred rounds yesterday) it was again just absolutely SOAKED on the left hand side.

I'm not too concerned about the slide, since it's stainless with the melonite treatment, but from the looks of it I'd guess the slide release and slide lock isn't coated.  I'm sure the roll pins aren't either.

I do however keep it wiped down with the TUF-cloth... (Sentury Solutions)  The point being, I'd guess that if it hadn't been for the TUF-cloth it would probably be rusted to crap by now.  Let's face it, if there's anything that can rust metal in a hurry, it's sweat!  I just finished cleaning and inspecting and couldn't find a single spot of rust on it anywhere.  I've got to imagine at LEAST for those other little bits that has to be in part at least due to the tuf-cloth.

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Thank God for TUF-Cloth...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:42:52 PM »
I too get soaked pretty fast during the summer. Wipe out your gun with a cloth and oil every night, leave out of the holster overnight as the holster will help accelerate rust. A good thing is to have a spare holster, better yet another gun. If you have another gun at least once a month during the summer take it apart and spray CLP all over the tiny spaces where you can't reach, lub it, put it a away for a week and get your rotation gun.