Author Topic: The Reality of CCW Incidents  (Read 2316 times)

Paladin4CA

The Reality of CCW Incidents
« on: October 19, 2013, 10:50:01 PM »
Since 2005 I started collecting CCW incidents I saw on the internet. I did not go out and search for them, just listed the ones I came across on the web. I'm sure I've missed a lot (please PM me any others you know of). I've included a brief description of each incident in case links die, and I've posted as many pix or videos as the forum software will allow.

Looking over the list, I can see that very few CCWers were shot for their efforts and, IIRC, only 1 died (by BG w/AK and body armor). So, the argument that only LEOs are trained enough to take on BGs and defend themselves w/a HGN have been proven false. Also, I can't recall ANY CCWer having his gun taken away from him, much less used against him, so those are two other arguments used by the antis that appear to be false. Additionally, I don't think there are ANY cases of the CCWer shooting innocents, so that is a 3rd argument used by the antis that has been proven false.

As for the need to actually shoot, the number of shots, and the need for reloads: I'm sure there are incidents that do NOT get reported where merely presenting the gun ends the incident (a few of these were reported and included). The number of shots varies and in only a few incidents that I can recall was there a need to reload (but news reports don't often provide enough details to make conclusions about that).

Without further ado, here's a link to my list:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=598875

Let me know of any improvements I should make and of any incidents I have missed. (I've listed about a half dozen improvements I've thought of at the end of the list.) I usually try to update/improve it every month or two.

Of course, if you ever need to use your CCW, your incident will be what it will be. But there still could be lessons to be learned from what has actually happened in CCW incidents. The main lesson I see is to EDC at least something! While more is merrier, if it is a choice between grabbing a 5-shot revolver or a .380 or going without, grab that little gnat and stick it in your pocket.

If you find my list worthwhile, I appreciate Reputation Points.

Feel free to post about it on other forums to encourage folks to get a CCW, training and to EDC!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:28:45 PM by Paladin4CA »
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Re: The Reality of CCW Incidents
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:47:01 AM »
Nice. I like that.

It is very important to show that ccdw saves lives.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"