Author Topic: Reason to Conceal Carry In Delaware  (Read 6309 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Reason to Conceal Carry In Delaware
« on: March 26, 2015, 03:47:16 PM »
Reason to Conceal Carry in Delaware. Check the URL of the violent crime rate per 100,000 for the state of Delaware.
We are the next to the smallest state in America and the 8th highest in violent crime.

https://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank21.html

I sighted this as one reason to carry on my original application. Back then we were 3rd in the nation.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Fishhunter911

Re: Reason to Conceal Carry In Delaware
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 04:11:53 PM »
Here is another one...

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/25/man-carjacked-assaulted-movie-theater-parking-lot/70455656/

"Man carjacked, assaulted at movie theater parking lot

A Claymont man, 19, was carjacked, robbed and assaulted Wednesday at 12:10 a.m. while trying to leave a movie theater in Brandywine Hundred, Delaware state police said.

The victim was transported by Emergency Medical Services to a local hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries, Master Cpl. Jeffery Hale with Delaware State Police said.

While the victim was getting into his car parked at Regal Cinemas at 3300 Brandywine Parkway, two men exited a car and approached the victim. One of the suspects was armed with a handgun, Hale said.

The suspects demanded the victim exit his car, then proceeded to empty his pockets and assault him, Hale said.

One of the suspects hopped into the victim’s car, a gold 2003 Chrysler Town and Country, and fled the parking lot in an unknown direction, Hale said.

The second suspect re-entered his car and fled in an unknown direction, Hale said.

Troopers describe both suspects as black men, aged 20 to 25 years, standing roughly 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall. Both were described as having an average build, but there was no description available on their physical appearance or clothing, Hale said.

If anyone has any information in reference to this incident they are asked to contact Troop 2, Glasgow at (302) 834-2620. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333, via tipsubmit.com, or by sending an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."

Contact Greta Iverson at (302) 324-2771 giverson @delawareonline.com. Follow her on Twitter @greta_wade."

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:40 PM »
I just read that one about the movie theater, which is where I am heading out to in a few minutes.  Of course, it's hardly any safer at the one here in Glagow, so -- it's bad all over.

Oddly enough, violent crime stories in the paper are like stories about the weather -- no one reads them as it's just expected.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 10:18:32 PM »
We need judges that will levy harsher sentences and less fines and parole for violent crimes.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

robberbaron

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 11:01:16 PM »
I live near the Regal Cinemas and in the rare case I actually go out to a movie (the last one being American Sniper..twice), I go there. I will not attend unarmed and ironically it was the Colorado movie theater shootings that got me motivated to get a permit. I have lived in North Wilmington for most of my 59 years, and the ghetto is upon us here. The Concord Mall, Tri-State Mall (Oh God!), Northtown Plaza, F&N, Fairfax, etc. are not what they used to be. Even the wife is open to at least looking at the hills in PA.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 12:15:37 AM »
We need more concealed carry citizens defending against these scumbags.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 12:17:38 AM »
We like movies, but we never forget that we're stuck in a room with dozens or hundreds of other people with many obstacles between us and the exits... and that we need to get out to our car safely afterwards.
We go to the Wilmington IMAX, and the Regal down here in Glasgow. I am always armed, and my wife is usually armed also.

When I first got my permit, we were going to pick up a pizza, and I retrieved my holstered J-frame.
My wife said, sarcastically, "Do you expect to be in a firefight between here and the pizzeria?"
For once, I had the right answer at the right time:
"No, and I don't expect to be in a car accident either. I'll leave the gun at home, if you agree not to wear your seat belt."

It's like a seat belt: we don't want to use it, but we should wear it anyway.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 03:25:48 AM »
Made it back from the movie without having to slap leather and trade lead.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 10:18:44 PM »
When I first got my permit, we were going to pick up a pizza, and I retrieved my holstered J-frame.
My wife said, sarcastically, "Do you expect to be in a firefight between here and the pizzeria?"
For once, I had the right answer at the right time:
"No, and I don't expect to be in a car accident either. I'll leave the gun at home, if you agree not to wear your seat belt."

My first carry was to a Chinese restaurant for pickup and had darn near the exact same conversation as we were getting ready to leave.  ;D She carries as well and much more often now then when she first got it, though she needs to remember. I simply put mine on in the morning and treat it the same as a belt or wallet. Its second nature now and I rarely give it thought.