Author Topic: Threat at Booth's Corner  (Read 2699 times)

Rcmiller

Threat at Booth's Corner
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:09:01 AM »
Sorry for venting in advance but this really ticked me off and I'm curious how all of you would handle this. I was walking around Booth's Corner yesterday with my family (wife, 3 year old and 4 month old) and it was pretty crowded obviously being a Saturday. Some genius behind me says "I'd like to unload a 'clip' in here". I assumed he was talking about how many people there were. He walked past me and I stared in disbelief and said that that was a real unintelligent thing to say. He continued walking until he got to his destination. When I walked by him again, he said "I shoot what I want". I kept walking remaining vigilant. There was no security to report this to so I took my family and left. It's one thing for him to suggest something idiotic like that but what made me want to turn around and slug him was that my 3 year old daughter was holding my hand and slowing us down a little and I felt like he was saying it partially because of us. Have any of you been in a similar situation and how did you handle it?

lynch

• Life Member
Re: Threat at Booth's Corner
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:52:51 AM »
Was this "genius" by himself or a member of a group?
Could this person have been speaking to them?
Did he appear to be carrying?
I'm not familiar with Booth's Corner so I don't know what the social makeup of the area is.
Leaving and then notifying the police would have been my option as there were children with you.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 05:17:07 PM »
First I would have not said a word to the guy that just shows them that people are listening to them I find that most of them are attention hogs.   I usually give them the attention they are looking for by getting a real good description and calling the police.  Local law enforcement will give them all the attention they are looking for.  Me I used to live in Chester PA for a time you can no longer go through chester without fearing for your life.  Booth corners is a little to close to chester for me so I tend to stay away from there.  My parents however seem to love to go there for some reason there are much nicer places to go to in PA. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 07:25:56 PM »
Anyone that demonstrates extremely poor judgement has no part in my life.  I would simply create distance between us and keep eyes and ears open in the short term.  I don't think bothering LE would be helpful.  No matter what anyone did the genius will stay an genius most of his/her life.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

robberbaron

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »
I live close enough to Booth's Corner that I can walk to it, but I avoid it as it is generally trashy people. I am going to check out the new farmers market on 202 in Westtown.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 06:14:10 PM »
Booths Corner Farmers Market is definitely a lower class of people than say....Christiana Mall. But I must admit I love the place. Love the Amish food, train store, sausage place, etc. Went there as a boy with my Dad and Uncle. Been going there myself for at least 35 years. Never had a problem there, but yes, for the last eight years I've been carrying.
New Castle County