Author Topic: This is why you need an attorney  (Read 2924 times)

Sinker

This is why you need an attorney
« on: May 13, 2016, 05:24:54 PM »
Just saw this story about a guy from Tennessee that moved to Delaware and got arrested because he didn't have his reciprocity figured out exactly right.  I'm sure it got some attention here when it was happening.  Pretty crazy situation that cold have been much worse,  I hope this guy's career wasn't affected long term.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/09/gun-laws-between-states/2501723/

NormH3

• Life Member
Re: This is why you need an attorney
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »
Just as important, why gun owners need to be savvy about gun laws when they travel or move.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 06:42:10 PM »
And notice who the attorney was... you need someone who can get things done behind the scenes here in Delaware:
"Preston's lawyer, Joseph A. Hurley, said that while authorities had "probable cause to make an arrest," his client did not need to be prosecuted."
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Sinker

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:02:29 PM »
And notice who the attorney was... you need someone who can get things done behind the scenes here in Delaware:
"Preston's lawyer, Joseph A. Hurley, said that while authorities had "probable cause to make an arrest," his client did not need to be prosecuted."

Guess what I was googling? ;-)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:32:21 PM »
Seems like a good guy with a lead foot. Police were doing their job and are right. I don't know about you guys but when I'm armed I try really hard not to speed. That said, Middletown is full of speed traps and you can get pulled over going 26 in a 25 depending on what day it is.

Can't believe this guy had 8 years hanging around his neck. Hurley is expensive, yet no doubt about his credentials. I wonder how much money this has cost this man.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 02:32:23 AM »
IIRC, the AG website, for more than a year, has been advising that a DE resident must have a DE CCDW to carry concealed in DE.  

This comment of his reveals a lot about the genesis of the problem: "... and now I get falsely arrested with these bogus charges, and it's pretty serious."  
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:09:21 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.