Author Topic: IWB holster  (Read 8230 times)

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
IWB holster
« on: February 04, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
Just rec'd my Supertuck Delux and found that the 4 o'clock position feels the best. The gun belt that I also purchased is real stiff and needs to be broken in. What position do  y'all like?
Craig

CMF

Re: IWB holster
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
I'm a lefty and mine sits at 8:30. If I move it to 9:00, the muzzle of my G19 tends to work on my groin when sitting. Give it a couple weeks to form to your physique, it will get much better.
CMF
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 01:22:16 PM »
I wear mine at about 3:30 depending on the pants I'm wearing. As far as the stiff holster, try the tip I put in another forum topic. Wrap your pistol in waxpaper. Wax side out. repeatedly put gun in and out of holster and the wax will make the holster easy to get gun in and out of. If you don't have waxpaper, take a candle and melt wax and with an old tooth brush dip up the melted wax and brush it into the inside of the holster good. Then used the candle fire to melt the wax into the leather. Put the fire right up into the holster up side down just long enought so wax can absorb into the leather. Don't set the holster on fire. This seems to work pretty good. Wipe any excess wax off inside of holster, and check for any wax on gun and clean off good. When I received my new Pro0-Carry Deep Comfort IWB from The Holster Store, my SR9 was tight in the holster too. But, after the wax treatment, it was good in just a short time. the Wax tip was in the instructions from www.theholsterstore.com  in St. Cloud, Florida.
Hope this helps.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Wickedrex

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 01:46:37 PM »
As for a sticking gun in these hybrid holsters, when new they do have a very snug and almost gritty feeling.  As per Sturmruger's suggestion, I used the wax paper method and the difference is night and day!  My gun still sits holstered very secure but slides in and out like butter.  I've been using the holster around the house now while waiting for my permit to clear.  I usually carry in the 3:30-4 o'clock position and before, the gun was tough to unholster and was nearly impossible to pull when reaching around with my left hand.  It now pulls out very easy even with my left hand across my back.  I have plenty of wax paper and plan on doing it a little more out of boredom and for good measure.  Thanks again Sturmruger!

As for leather break in or forming it to your body, hours of use will do this well.  I have a SHTF Ace-1 which is very similar to the rest of hybrids.  I've been putting on my holster and gun every evening when I get home from work with the gun holstered and after only a week or so for the 5-6 hours I have it on, it fits like it was made for me.  Very comfy and I forget its there even while lounging on the couch.  Just don't forget it's there if you decide to leave the house! :D. Cannot wait for my permit to be cleared!  Almost two weeks down and quite a bit to wait.......
--Jay--

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
That Company has a sense of humor. SHTFACE1
Sorry, I had to go there.
New Castle County

TJM1979

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:01:53 PM »
I like the 4 oclock range as well.  I carry a G30 SF in a Minotaur M TAC Holster.  Not the cheapest option and had to wait a few weeks for it to arrive, but well worth it. Gets more comfy the more it is used and it can be adjust for tension and ride height.  I am a larger guy, but it hides the G30 in Jeans or shorts and a tshirt with no problem. I have never been found out wearing it.

Also, A good gun belt is just as important as what holster you use.  Don't hesitate to get a good one.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:03:45 PM by TJM1979 »

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »
I use the Supertuck at 2 o'clock, 4oclock is ok, but drawing the pistol is quicker and easier at 2 o'clock.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
Check out  theholsterstore.com  The great thing is they are here in the US in Florida. They make their own holsters. I got mine in 4 days. you shop holsters by your gun make and model. They have holsters for almost any need. I researched almost every web site I could find, and picked The Holster Store because they offered some of the best prices on the www.  I wear my Deep Comfort-Pro-Carry IWB holster all day, every day and love it. I paid less than $45.00 including shipping, and have seen the same style holster at anywhere from $75-$122.00 on other sites.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Willie848

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
I don't understand what you guys are talking about when you say 2 o'clock  3o'clock 330 positions can't figure out what the clock thing was trying but it's not clicking. Help !

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »
I don't understand what you guys are talking about when you say 2 o'clock  3o'clock 330 positions can't figure out what the clock thing was trying but it's not clicking. Help !
Think of you waist line as a clock with 12:00 being the front and 6:00 being the back.  ;)

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Willie848

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:22 PM »
Hawkeye,  now I get it I was racking my brain on this one was kinda hesitated on the question.

Thanks Newbie form Dove,DE

Willie848

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 10:49:54 PM »
I'm at 4pm tried 1230pm 1pm that wasn't working for me 4pm is just wright.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 11:59:39 PM »
Summers not far away and carrying an IWB holster can mean the problem of sweating on hot days. I find that wearing a tank style undershirt tucked in, helps stop my holster and pistol grip from soaking up the sweat on hot days. I wear a long, loose or full  shirt over it. Works great.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Willie848

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 12:07:44 AM »
Summers not far away and carrying an IWB holster can mean the problem of sweating on hot days. I find that wearing a tank style undershirt tucked in, helps stop my holster and pistol grip from soaking up the sweat on hot days. I wear a long, loose or full  shirt over it. Works great.

Thanks, I wear colored T's in then summer I should blend wright in.