Author Topic: New Active Military from SC  (Read 3438 times)

mattyj724

New Active Military from SC
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:06:04 PM »
I currently live in SC, i am from Delaware and it will forever be my home. I visit very often and would like to get a CWP from DE. I am a resident and have a DE Drivers License. Any thoughts if i will be denied or not?? I Currently hold a CWP in SC, however DE doesn’t recognize SC permits even thought the requirements are the same.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: New Active Military from SC
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum and thank you for you service.  I cannot speak with authority on this subject but a couple of questions that might be relevant.  Is your home of record  Delaware and is your SC CCW a resident or non-resident permit?

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

mattyj724

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
Home of Record is in fact Delaware, and my CCW in SC is a NON resident Military only permit. Basicly i need my military ID with the permit when carrying.

firedawg11

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
Get a Florida permit; good in DE along with many other states.  Since you are not residing in DE, ie. the place where you go home every night to sleep (your house) then Florida will cover you.  All you need for FL is a copy of DD214 to show proof of firearms proficiency. 
Be polite with all, but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before giving them your confidence.
~ George Washington

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 01:07:05 AM »
If you are a Delaware citizen then a Florida non-resident permit is not valid in Delaware, which is why I asked about your home of record.  Do you vote with an absentee ballot as a Delaware resident? Delaware will only honor permits from other states if you are not a citizen of Delaware, at least which is how I interpret the code.  I could be wrong but read this and see what you think.

TITLE 11
Crimes and Criminal Procedure
Delaware Criminal Code
CHAPTER 5. SPECIFIC OFFENSES
Subchapter VII. Offenses Against Public Health, Order and Decency

§ 1441. License to carry concealed deadly weapons.

(j)Notwithstanding any other provision of this Code to the contrary, the State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:50:07 PM »
That's my understanding as well Hawkeye.
New Castle County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 04:57:57 PM »
That's my understanding as well Hawkeye.

X2