Author Topic: New Member from Wilmington  (Read 5397 times)

Dr.Inferno

New Member from Wilmington
« on: January 02, 2012, 02:29:30 AM »
Hi all,

I've been reading through the forums for a little while now and have decided to join as well as apply for my CCW.  Looks like I picked a tough time of the year as I think the wait may be long. LOL! I've been shooting for about 2 years now, own a Ruger p345, a Mark III, and a S&W Model 29-2.  I am a psychologist and I think the process for licensure in psych is easier than getting a CCW!  I'm hoping to meet some people and share tips as well as getting good advice.  Happy New Years to all and glad to be a member!

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: New Member from Wilmington
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:49:49 AM »
Welcome Dr Inferno. This board definitely needs a psychologist!! ;)
If you have any questions during your application, fire away.
New Castle County

Dr.Inferno

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:02:39 AM »
First question on the CCW application (and I hope it isn't too silly) is what kind of reasons do people give for wanting/needing the permit?  I am assuming this carries a lot of weight and don't want to screw it up!  I'm also guessing that "I like guns...." won't work.  Thanks for any advice on this one!  Aaron

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 05:17:03 AM »
For protection of person and/or property.

Bmel17

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:01 AM »
personal protection of self and property

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 12:26:48 AM »
Hi Doc! 

For a few free sessions, I'll answer your question.  LOL Just kidding.  Welcome to the site!  As others previously stated, the for personal protection of myself and/or property, is usually fine. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Dr.Inferno

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 03:47:09 AM »
Thanks for the answers and welcomes, all.  For protection of self and property it is.  And, Moosie, maybe we can work out some free sessions but I suggest a trip or ten to the range!  Best stress relief ever!! (But you already knew that)

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »
For protection of self and property is the standard, but occasionally  Superior Court Judges have sent the Application back, asking for a more detailed reason.

Dr.Inferno

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 12:08:07 PM »
Got my application turned in yesterday so now the wait begins. The (very nice) lady at the NCC Prothonotary told me to expect 3-5 months. Sigh.

Kimber HD

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »
Good luck.  Just spend your time reading the forum and at the range...It'll go by quickly.

Dr.Inferno

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 06:46:38 PM »
Got a phone call on Thursday from Superior Court letting me know they have approved my CCW permit and now I just need to complete a course and submit the certificate.  Glad to get the call, was thinking it would take MUCH longer!

donlyle28

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 03:42:49 AM »
Got a phone call on Thursday from Superior Court letting me know they have approved my CCW permit and now I just need to complete a course and submit the certificate.  Glad to get the call, was thinking it would take MUCH longer!

Congrats!
‎"Do everything possible on your part to live in peace with everybody" Romans 12:18

Dr.Inferno

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:54 AM »
Permit showed up in the mail today!  Submitted in NCC on 1/30/2012. Glad that wait is over!

scottf

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 11:07:08 AM »
Congrats. The wife got hers yesterday as well; 15 week wait after filing on Feb 17th.

Still waiting for mine after filing on November 29th.  >:(