Author Topic: Wilmington Guy....  (Read 6473 times)

Lincoln

Wilmington Guy....
« on: September 15, 2011, 11:06:32 PM »
Hi everyone. I was born and raised in Wilmington. I've been visiting this forum a lot in the past month so I decided to join. I applied for my CCDW on May 25th and received it in the mail on July 25th. About 2 weeks later I drove out to the Lancaster County Sheriffs office and walked out with my PA permit in about 20mins. The whole process for me was very easy. I've read some real horror stories from different people on this site going through a lot to obtain there permit. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

I'm a recording engineer and a real-estate investor. My jobs require me to often travel to a lot of undesirable areas in Wilmington and more recently Philadelphia. Me and my family were also victims of a home invasion 10 years ago. That being said I decided to get my CCDW. It seems like there are plenty of good law abiding
Delawareans on here and I look forward to sharing stories and information with you all.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Wilmington Guy....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:32:28 PM »
Hi Lincoln and welcome!

I assume you applied to NCC for your permit?  wow.  I think you win the record of having the shortest wait time for your DE permit!

Real Estate Investor huh?  :)  I'm a realtor.  I know all too well about traveling through undesireable parts of Wilmington as well as some other places that you just really don't want to be caught in.

Welcome! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:42:59 PM »
Welcom lincoln! Yes, I believe theres alot of good people on here and their willing to help answer any questions folks have. Some of us have different views on things but we all love our freedom to carry.
 Maybe you and moosie can start selling those " less desseriable" properties to a parking lot developer  :).

Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »
Thanks Moosie. I did apply in N.C.C. I must admit that I enjoy reading your post. You seem very knowledgeable on just about everything.... Lol.......  ttyl.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:49:26 PM »
LOL, just ask my husband... I'm a know it all!    ;D

As Muleman said, there are plenty of great people on here that will help answer questions.  We don't always agree, but I love that we can all be adults and agree to disagree without getting into some sort of p*ssing match over it.  Differences of opinon is what keeps the world interesting, if you ask me.

Muleman, if I could sell those to a parking lot developer, I'd be a rich lady. Unfortunately, those less desireable areas are growing and expanding outside of Wilmington, daily!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
My goal is to make those less attractive neighborhoods more desirable to working class families. I'm still a long ways from being able to really make a difference. Thanks for the reply Muleman.

czer

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 12:28:58 AM »
Welcome Lincoln and congratulations with your good fortune getting your license so quickly. Mine took 6 months!

rusirius

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
I assume you applied to NCC for your permit?  wow.  I think you win the record of having the shortest wait time for your DE permit!
Moosie
He might hold the record for NCC, but not in General... I think I still hold that title...  30 days from submission to mailbox... ;)  Though I do recall a story of another student of the same instructor I used getting hers in 3 weeks...

Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 06:17:21 PM »
Wow..... 30 days, that's insane!!! I hope when it's time to renew I have the same kinda luck.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
RUSirius, holy crap!!  30 days?  how many sweet talking phone calls and delivery of donuts did you have to make to get it that quick? LOL 

Glad you didn't have to wait that long, but still makes me scratch my head as to why the system isn't as efficient as it should be.  Your record demonstrates that they CAN get things done in a reasonable amount of time.

Moosie

LMB531

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 10:18:16 PM »
Hi everyone. I was born and raised in Wilmington. About 2 weeks later I drove out to the Lancaster County Sheriffs office and walked out with my PA permit in about 20mins.

I went to Lancaster County to get my PA permit after receiving my DE one as well and the guy kept saying how surprised he is that all of these Delawareans are going there to get them (2 more came in while I waited). I told him for 20 minutes and $25, why not?! Enjoy  :)

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 05:19:19 AM »
So I can go to Lancaster County and walk out with my permit that day?!?!?

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 05:22:17 AM »
So $20 and 20 minutes at Lancaster Sheriff's office?!?!

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 07:25:18 AM »
 and hopefully , they don't make you wait 50 mins.. that could be 50 bucks?
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

LMB531

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 09:05:18 AM »
Yes!! It IS that easy!