Author Topic: NEW MEMBER  (Read 9342 times)

dgv302

« on: May 30, 2015, 02:34:56 AM »
Hello all just found this site. I turned my app in on 5/4/15. They told me four months here in Sussex.Started jumping to mail this week just in case LOL. A little help please.I am a big guy so I cannot wear holster on inside of waistband .If I put on belt and wear long shirt that covers will that be ok?   Ty Don

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: NEW MEMBER
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »
There is plenty of CCDW clothing out there that can help you conceal effectively.  I know a couple of big guys that IWB carry and have no problems I think it just depends on what makes you feel comfortable.  I am looking at the N82 holster and the crossbreed super tuck for my Iwb carry. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 08:58:07 AM »
Welcome to deccw.
What model of handgun are you going to carry? That would help give us a better idea of what you have in mind.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

dgv302

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 12:07:34 PM »
I plan to use a Polish Radom P64. I also have High Point 380 it is to big for a CCW.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 01:59:12 PM »
Welcome from Northern Sussex Co and you like the folks on this site. Any questions just post and somebody will assist you. I bet you will receive your permit in less time that was predicted. All the best to you and good luck.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »
Hello & Welcome Aboard !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 03:25:47 PM »
I plan to use a Polish Radom P64. I also have High Point 380 it is to big for a CCW.
That shoots 9x18 Makarov, right? I have been looking for a P64 or a CZ 82 . Not too plentiful.
The ammo is easier to find than the gun.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

dgv302

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 12:18:43 AM »
yes it shoots 9x18... I found mine at classicfirearms.com......  I have a c&r so it was sent to my home.no ffl needed

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 02:37:26 AM »
I Carry Owb like you  describe.  I'm medium build but I just can't get used to IWB.

Longer untucked shirts with a belt holster on a good belt is the way I go.

Of course this is for a smaller gun.  I mostly carry a Springfield XDS-9.  Never have had a problem

In cooler weather when casual I wear a Cardhart vest or if not casual, a sport jacket.

Summer, squared off untucked shirts
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

lems902

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 02:59:54 AM »
Welcome sir!  Hope that permit arrives for you soon.  It's a great feeling once you have that thing in your wallet!
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 09:57:04 PM »
Welcome..you will figure out how you want to carry, and you will have a whole drawer of holster's like the rest of us..

Good Luck
New Castle County

dgv302

Re: NEW MEMBER AT LAST!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 03:39:55 PM »
Well  went to mailbox this morning and HERE IT IS!!!! I put in paper work  for permit on May 4,2015 . Today is Aug 15,2015 a little over 3 months!! Went inside and strapped my weapon on. Shopping today for long shirts to cover.. TY to all for your info and stories....

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »
Welcome!

I like IWB better than OWB.  When sitting in a chair with arms, you dont have to slide in one side, then the other.

A shirt 1 size larger will work great.  The public will be clueless about the little bump on your side.  A GOOD belt too!

And finally..... DO NOT keep feeling for it.  It IS there!  If for some reason it falls out of the holster, you will hear it hit the floor!   :o
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »
Congrats & Safe Carry !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 11:09:26 PM »
Apparel suggestion. Shirts with plaid or a print design cover better than plain shirts. I never wear t-shirts when carrying. I do wear tank tees as under shirts to keep the gun from getting into swet in summer. Besides, the "bump" could be a cell phone, keys, insulin pump, who knows? No body will know if you leave it alone and stop being conscious about it your self. That will come with time.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun