Author Topic: Newspaper affidavit not properly notarized???  (Read 2721 times)

Wickedrex

Newspaper affidavit not properly notarized???
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:03:48 PM »
Hello,
Well I just recieved my Affidavit of Publication from the News Journal and noticed something possibly wrong.  I noticed that the bottom of it was notarized with a signature and an ink stamp by the notary public.  Isn't it also supposed to have the state seal stamped into the paper as well???  Everything I have ever had notarized had a signature, an ink stamp and the state seal impression.  Did yours have the seal on it??  Do you think it will be ok that it doesn't have it or should I call the News Journal on Monday?  I just wanna make sure I'm not mistaken before I call them.  Thanks
--Jay--

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: Newspaper affidavit not properly notarized???
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 11:17:17 PM »
It does not have to have the raised seal. Mine and my wife's application went through fine with the inked stamp.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »
Notarized papers no longer have the raised seal type stamp.  Only a black ink stamp.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

CMF

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 01:07:13 AM »
I kinda miss the isometric fist squeezing with the embosser. I'll make up the difference on a trigger  ;)
CMF
Notary stamper 
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

calee13

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 04:46:46 AM »
I know several notaries and they say that using an embossed or ink stamp is optional, they prefer ink stamp because if the client needs to make copies the embossing doesn't show up. :o