Author Topic: It's Friday the 13th and a Nightmare on N. Duke St, Lancaster, PA, $26 fee  (Read 4444 times)

StrikeFear

Date: Friday the 13th.

(Background noise: "Ki, ki, ki; ma, ma, ma")

I asked my wife if she wanted to take a trip to the Lancaster courthouse so i can get my LTCF.  At first she did not want to go because she knows that the courthouse equals to waste of time.  After telling her that people have posted that it takes like 20 min for the whole process, she decided to take a day off and join in the trip.

Opened up WAZE and total trip came up to 1hr 25min from NCC. "Perfect!!!" 
The drive was nice going through the country side.  XM Radio on the 80's station and the wife taking pictures of the scenery on her professional camera, the iPhone. Passed only one buggy.

We arrived at the courthouse at 12:36 PM.  Found a parking right in front.  Paid $3 for two hours because after the courthouse we wanted to walk around and get something to eat.  Walked in the courthouse and saw the "NO CELL PHONE" sign.  Guess who had to run back to car? 

Once inside the Sheriff office, a very nice lady asked if I was there for the LTCF license.  I said yes and she said I was lucky because the system for the background check was down for a very long time in the morning.  Now it is back up and only two people in front of me.  Hand in the application with the $20. 15 minutes later, I had my LTCF license in my hand.  The very nice lady said not to put the license in my wallet yet because it was still warm and needed to cool off.  So I kept it in my hand while walking out the courthouse. 

The wife and I went to the car to get our cell phones so we can go get something to eat. I went on Yelp and found a restaurant on Market Street. The walk took 5 minutes.  Sat down ordered drinks. Water for me and of course, Margarita for her.  She said "Let me see the license".  I reached to my jeans back pocket. Empty. I check my front pockets. Empty.  Now I am getting frustrated.  I checked my jacket pockets.  Empty.  OMG!!!!! Where is my license.  I ask my wife if I gave her my license, she said no.  She checked her purse.  She checked her pockets.  Nothing. We checked around us and nothing. 

I told the wife I will be back.  I ran out the restaurant to retrace my steps.  All the way to my car and to the courthouse entrance.  No luck.  I have lost my new PA LTCF license in about 10 minutes.  I felt so embarrassed.  I went back to the restaurant and sat down and felt like a piece of that two eyes chocolate ice cream emoji. My wife said we had to go back to the courthouse to let them know.  I was too embarrassed to go back. 

After we ate, my wife convinced me to go back to the courthouse.  We got there around 1:45 PM. All the waiting seats were taken.  I explained to them what happened with a little twist of lie.  I told them my wife lost it, lol.  They told me that the state system was down.  Oh no!!!!!  I had to go through the process again.  Background check and a new license number.  Also, a $6 fee.  No problem.  I passed the background check, but the system to take the picture and print the license was down.  They had to call someone from IT to fix.

One hour later and everyone is still waiting for IT to fix the problem.  Life sucks without your cell phone, lol.  Wife had to go outside to feed the meter. 

Another hour later, 3:45 PM, and no luck.  Still waiting for the system to go back up.  Little by little people gave up and started leaving.  I told my wife we were staying here until closing time, 4:30 PM.

It is now 4:15PM.  After the 10 plus people that were waiting, only two of us were standing. 

4:20 PM, the magnificent IT guy finally figured out that he could use another PC to do the work.  All this time it was not a system problem but a user problem.  After waiting almost 3 hours, I got my PA LTCF for the second time.  I was happy but felt bad about the people that waited so long and left.
started driving back home. No traffic. I was home by 6PM.   Long day, but we did it!!!!!

What a day. Friday the 13th!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!

Strike Fear!!!!

NCC
Per Ardua!
Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

"Attitude is Everything"

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Nuts. Where the heck did it go? I thought you were going to say you found it in your car.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

StrikeFear

I do not know.  We could not find it.  I felt so bad.  This has never happened to me before. 

NCC
Per Ardua!
Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

"Attitude is Everything"

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Holy Jebus...I'm going to take the trip up to Lancaster one day this coming week on the pretense of "continuing education"...I mean, it kind of counts since I'll be in the courthouse for a short time.  I've got my form pre-filled out and just need to sign and give them me $20, my driving license and DE CCW.

coolwrld

I do not know.  We could not find it.  I felt so bad.  This has never happened to me before. 

Months from now your going to just randomly find it somewhere like wedged down underneath one of your car seats or something like that happens to me all the time.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

NormH3

• Life Member
so what is "Ki ki ki ma ma ma?

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
 Sound effect from Friday the 13th movie.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
We have a NEW record for the LONGEST time to get a PA LTCF.

Check you wallet?  "Wife" might have put it there behind your DE drivers license.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

ThePixelated

That was some crazy Friday the 13th adventure...