Author Topic: 35% rule  (Read 3856 times)

Vaison

35% rule
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:56:16 PM »
I'm probably over-thinking this, so please bear with me.  How does one determine if their local paper is circulated to at least 35% of the population in your zip code?  I live in Smyrna and I was thinking of using the Smyrna/Clayton Sun Times, but I have no idea if 35% of the people get that here.  Has anyone from the Smyrna area used this publication as their notice?  Thanks.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: 35% rule
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
You could always call the prothonotary's office and ask if its accepted for your zip code.
New Castle County

Vaison

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:30:03 AM »
I looked back at the last few issues of the Sun Times and found quite a few people have used this publication.  It is $30 and I was able to complete the process through emails and payment over the phone.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »
Good deal!
New Castle County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »
Certainly saved yourself a bunch of money!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

John

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 12:08:43 AM »
Smyrna Sun is fine. I used Dover Post. $35

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:50 AM »
Best bet is probably to call the prothonotary's office and ask if its accepted for your zip code as another member said. I am glad their are other choices than the News Journal. I used the New Castle Weekly when my wife and I got ours.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »
Delaware Code does not mention a 35% per the quoted  paragraph from the Delaware Code on DECCW:

(b) The Prothonotary of the county in which any applicant for a license files the same shall cause notice of every such application to be published once, at least 10 days before the next term of the Superior Court. The publication shall be made in a newspaper of general circulation published in the county. In making such publication it shall be sufficient for the Prothonotary to do the same as a list in alphabetical form stating therein simply the name and residence of each applicant respectively.
                                                                ******************

I have never found a published list of acceptible news papers. Does anyone else have a list? If so, please make it available to all of us.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun