Author Topic: Best day for Prothonotary?  (Read 2641 times)

rusirius

Best day for Prothonotary?
« on: May 07, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »
Just wondering when I get everything ready to file, is there a particular day that is better than others?  Just thinking in terms of how busy they will be?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Best day for Prothonotary?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
You will be just handing them the envelope, they will briefly look at it to see if it's complete, then they'll stick it on the bottom of the pile. I've never really seen a line at the Proth office. Get it in as soon as you can to start the process. Good luck !!
New Castle County

SKYDIVR

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:12:16 PM »
Rusirius,

I got to the Proth office today around 9:30AM, and it was not busy at all. There is a large parking garage that only costs a couple bucks to park in while you run in to drop your packets off. Before you get out of your car, LEAVE EVERYTHING, except your dual applications and your wallet with $65 (Cash, I think she said Check, and Money Order Only) and your Drivers License as security is tight. It's a bit like boarding a commercial flight, minus the TSA groping. Cell phones are not allowed in the building, I had to go back to my car to drop mine off because I didn’t read the signs.

Once you make it through, there is a small office on the same level to the left with a sign with something that started with a J…Judgment office maybe?... not down the escalator to the regular Proth office like the security guard told me. As long as you have dual copies of all required documents, they will notarize both applications without any additional fee. I was in and out in just a few minutes. I even got a couple of the women to laugh when I asked if they were still on a 2 week turn around time.

Good luck.

rusirius

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »
Thanks for the info!  The last time I was there (served on a jury for a cap. murder trial) security was fairly tight then, so I can only imagine now. 

That's good to know that they will notarize the app for you there... I didn't know that!  Saves me the trouble of taking it somewhere to have it done.  Obviously I can have it filled out, but do I need to sign it in front of them?  I recall in the past doing some things where papers had to be notarized that I had to do the actual signing in front of the person doing the notarization, so that's what made me curious...

Grunt4Life

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 02:43:54 PM »
yes you will need to sign in their presence
Sean

Grunt4Life
"Semper Fi"

Lest I keep my complacent way, I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today, As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for today?"
- Eleanor Roosevelt.