Author Topic: Got challenged in PA  (Read 15899 times)

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
Got challenged in PA
« on: July 09, 2010, 06:24:26 PM »
Sent away for a non resident permit to Pa on June 1, 2010, just got application back that I was rejected ( sent this to the Centre Sheriff). So they sent me paper work back to fill out. PA State Police instant check system challenge. So I filled it out & also gave them my UPIN number I got from the FBI too. anyone else heard of this? Never had a problem in delaware??
Alan

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Got challenged in PA
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 07:01:58 PM »
This is the first time I have ever heard of this, maybe you have the same name as someone that lives in PA who has a criminal background.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Knotacare

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:58:12 PM »
I'm thinking something like that because almost everytime I went to buy a gun in the last few years I had to wait the full week. This is why I got the UPIN Number ( this took around 5 months)... so there must be a crook running around out there with the same name. I will let you know what happens.
Alan

wwd

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »
I hope your alter-ego isn't riding off your back.  Check your credit history, and anything else that could be impacted.
OC - the single greatest deterrent known to mankind.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 09:59:25 PM »
PA dosent do as in depth a check as DE does, so you probably were denied same as NICS holds you up. Since it wasn't me and its always easy to see the bright side for somebody else, I'll say that I guess that proves they actually look at something :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:20:16 AM by GunEnvy »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 12:07:40 AM »
If you're one of the "lucky" folks that needs a UPIN, you can bet your arse that they're looking harder at you.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 01:54:54 AM »
And on a totally different topic....there's moosie, I was wonderin where you've been

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 08:21:54 AM »
You know Gunenvy I was wondering the same thing.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 05:37:50 PM »
PA dosent do as in depth a check as DE does, so you probably were denied same as NICS holds you up. Since it wasn't me and its always easy to see the bright side for somebody else, I'll say that I guess that proves they actually look at something :)

With the turn around time most non-residents receive their PA LTCF, i was convinced the sheriff DIDNT do any kind of checks...and just assumed since applicant had a permit from home state applicant was "good to go"....  ;D
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »
Sorry guys!!! 

Several big changes going on in my life right now... all for the good.  Just been too busy to post!!! :)

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »
I've heard all the sheriffs do up there is kinda like a nics check, if that's the truth than that could explain it. And moosie.....excuses, excuses, excuses!!  Good luck with what ever is changing

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
Sorry guys!!! 

Several big changes going on in my life right now... all for the good.  Just been too busy to post!!! :)

Moosie
Ohhhh and I thought the people that were pool crashing your pool had kidnapped you. LMAO!!!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 10:30:12 PM »
Thats ok, Sig. Once they got me in the light they'd drop me like a hot potato and RUN! LOL 

Moosie

Knotacare

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 07:04:48 PM »
The application I sent the State Police says they will respond in 1 week....nothing yet. I am squeaky clean, no debt of any kind & never in any trouble. I had a TOP SECRET Clearance in the military & had to keep everthing to myself for 10 yrs after leaving. I even locked my credit up a few years ago ( I wonder if that's it)so I don't get all those wonderful CC offers anymore.  I will ask the sheriff why the hold up though. Being legal is a pia.

Hank

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
Hi all.
FYI, I had two CCWs, 5 years each from PA. befor moving down here to Delaware. I now have a DE. CCDW, and also an Out of state CCW from Florida, so when I wanted an out of state from PA. I sent them ( Centre Co. ) my two CCWs  and a copy of the old PA. CCW. and I had my new CCW from PA. In less than a week, 6 days!!! no joke!!! So It pays to hold on to your old CCW cards. Hank.