Author Topic: flyers game  (Read 11540 times)

glock9

flyers game
« on: October 01, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »
going to a flyers game in phili, can i carry  in the stadium?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: flyers game
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 11:26:35 PM »
Is there any metal detectors or security patting people down at the entrance? If not, I'd carry concealed.
Lumspond.
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 12:06:01 AM »
does the stadium have a web site?
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »
there is nothing on their website (wellsfargo center).

check out this forum:

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-carry-145/112995-wells-fargo-center-formerly-wachovia.html 

Looks like they dont have a policy against it, but if you do take your gun, (obviously) take your pemit and be prepared if you're stopped at the gate to show it.  Shouldnt be a big deal if they do stop you.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 01:42:47 PM »
Moosie they do not allow concealed carry there and if your carrying on the hip forget it the seats are so small it will be very uncomfortable. I called a few years ago and was told they wand at random and being caught with a firearm can be cause for forfeiture of your ticket per their Security. Anymore if I go to a game I just leave it home.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:34:35 PM by Sigarms12 »
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »
I guess I won't be going to any hockey games, then: I don't spend money where I'm not welcome.
Thanks.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »
I guess I won't be going to any hockey games, then: I don't spend money where I'm not welcome.
Thanks.
X"s 2.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 12:21:38 PM »
Sig,

thanks for the info.  I can't see where any establishment can have rules like "forfieture" of your ticket if it's not clearly posted... especially if you have a permit by the state to carry concealed!!!  This just chaps my rear. 

Dont get me wrong... we've been reading more and more lately in the paper about idiots who have a permit that do something brilliant with their firearm.  But STILL!  I dont frequent the ball parks in Phila and now, I surely wont be!!!!

Glock9, maybe their rules have changed (doubt it) but it might be worth a phone call to see?  Maybe they could also point you to where they have such a rule posted, etc. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 06:27:16 PM »
I know that at the old Spectrum the had paper signs on the doors. Sorry I'm too big of a flyers fan not to go to at least one game a year.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

glock9

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 07:25:46 PM »
well went to the game and had a great time. left the gun in the trunk. they did have guys with wands there. forgot to ask there policys.