Author Topic: Newport area newbie  (Read 3490 times)

Siludni

• Old-school citizen, Navy Vet, NRA Life, DSSA
Newport area newbie
« on: August 18, 2011, 05:40:49 AM »
     Just received my permit this week, after a 6 month wait.  Took my course from a member of this forum, back in February. Also have a Utah permit and expect to apply for PA soonest.  Still searching for the ideal concealment holster.  I want to carry a DA "something" that I already own. That narrows it down to a Mak or Beretta96 autoloader or a large frame revolver. Not the most ideal choices for CCW, except maybe the Mak.
    I've been shooting since I was in the VietNam era Navy and loading nearly as long. Way back then, it was all about volume: send lots of lead downrange,
frequently. These days, it is much more about quality: how accurate / consistent can I be.  I am an NRA Life member, DSSA member, SAF, and Naval Institute.
    Have also noted complaints about the size and workmanship of the permit itself, in other sections of this forum. I believe mine is not so bad. Yeah, it is
generously proportioned, but some minimal and judicious trimming and a re-lamination should have it small enough to fit my wallet, all without disturbing any
of the State's text, signatures or pictures.  3/16" off the paper border on the right (picture) side and the same off the top and it is "good to go".  The State
seal, I will agree, is atrocious. Looks like a fourteenth generation, blurry color copy, not a letterpress professional print job.
    I look forward to a healthy and respectful exchange of ideas. I am to the right, for my politics and mainstream WASP for the rest.    Regards!
"How strange is youth! You are not ashamed to be a fool, but are ashamed to admit having been one, when admitting it will make you a wise man again!"
                                                                                        Daniel Defoe

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: Newport area newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »
  Welcome .   
   As far as a heathy excahanges, this site (knock on wood)  has done that.

Most sites will see occasional catfights.  challange of opinions.
  Respect for other posters must be higher here than elsewhere? 
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

rusirius

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:08:14 PM »
Most sites will see occasional catfights.  challange of opinions.
  Respect for other posters must be higher here than elsewhere? 

Maybe it's just that we know we're all armed!!!   :o

;D :D

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 02:15:10 PM »
Welcome, Siludni!

There are always differences of opinions... even on here! But most folks realize that its ok to just agree to disagree.  :)  There's definitely a level of respect for others here that I have't seen on other forums. We've got a great group of folks here.

Welcome to the site and to the world of ccw!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

rocketman

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »
when you get your pa. either have it laminated or have it reduced in size and hang on to the original. it b very large

czer

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:05:19 PM »
Welcome, feel free to cut loose...with your opinions, that is.

Kensk8man

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 01:14:35 AM »
Proof that Squids are cool :)
Glad to be in your company.