Author Topic: Face to face sale for CCW holder  (Read 3725 times)

BeachBum

Face to face sale for CCW holder
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:42:30 AM »
I just wanted to know if it is legal to do a sale FTF between CCW holders.
I know before July 1 last year was legal a private sale but now I couldn't find the answer to this dilemma.
Any comments?
Thanks

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Face to face sale for CCW holder
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 03:10:18 AM »
Even if legal, I would not do. The $20 transfer buys you peace of mind, if that weapon is used in a crime you have a record on the FFL the weapon was transferred and no longer belongs to you.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:32:39 AM »
It's legal.  But use a FFL unless you know the person!

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:21:06 AM »
  Generally, if they have it, and you are selling through a FFL, you have tried every thing in your powers to be a outstanding citizen.   

Sadly with lawsuits and such, this is what drives some of us to only sell that way.
 It would be interesting to see if the new laws really cut down on illegal gun purchases or not.

if they are a forum member , than you can see if they have ever spoken off key, or irresponsible, and that might sway your judgement.

shame, you are so far down lewis, I like sks ;D
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 11:40:08 AM »
 shame, you are so far down lewis, I like sks ;D
[/quote]

I have a couple with your name on them  ;)

BeachBum

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »
I also posted it on armslist and was thru that ad the conctact.
Knowing the guy would definately help, but unfortunately I don't.
Thanks for the the replies, I really like this forum and the peolpe involvement in it.
TwistedKarma, I'm driving to miller guns on monday or tuesday to pick something up, I can take it with me, no problem, in fact, I'll knock off the $20 of the transfer if you want to keep it, so you only pay the $350.
I can meet you there, just let me know.
Thanks

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 02:55:18 PM »
Its legal selling to a CCDW holder yes. For CYA against lawyers the FFL transfer is an option.

At minimum I'd require a good clear copy of their Delaware drivers license and Delaware CCDW permit on one paper for your records. That copy should also have the firearm model & serial on it with that days date and the buyers name printed and signed. A witness could also be used if you have a buddy with you. Again, its simply your proof to CYA down the road if you're asked about the firearm.

Personally I think the later works better in tracking the buyer faster then through an FFL. LE knocks on your door about firearm and you reply "Its been sold but I have the buyers information and drivers license in my safe. Would you like a copy". Give them a copy or let them have the details and its done. LE gets the information immediately without having to then track down the FFL and their paperwork.

One should never turn over possession of a firearm to someone not willing to provide a copy of said information or is unwilling to use an FFL.