Author Topic: Licenced Concealed Carrier shot to death after notifying that he was carrying  (Read 8674 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
This is getting better. According to the officer's attorney, the officer is Mexican, not white.

The race baiting Minnesota Governor, Mark Dayton, a Democrat of course, actually made this statement:

"Would this have happened if those passengers, the driver were white? I don't think it would have.”

Well of course not, if they were white they would not have fit the description of the armed robbers and would not have been pulled over.

If the only way that this guy fit the description of the robber is that he was a black male, then they obviously have some policing problems.  And I'm not playing a race card -- just stating an undeniable fact.  Also, the robber was clean-shaven, while the dead guy had a beard.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
If the only way that this guy fit the description of the robber is that he was a black male, then they obviously have some policing problems.  And I'm not playing a race card -- just stating an undeniable fact.  Also, the robber was clean-shaven, while the dead guy had a beard.
There were two robbers. See photos on this website.
From http://eastsidereviewnews.com/articles/2016/07/05/armed-robbers-hit-lauderdale-convenience-store
Employees described one suspect to police as a black man with longer than shoulder-length dreadlocks, who wore blue jeans, a green plaid long-sleeved shirt, dark-color shoes with white highlights, glasses and a baseball cap printed with marijuana leaves, the release says. He may have had a mustache.

The other suspect was described as a black man with shoulder-length dreadlocks, who wore tan pants, tan shoes with white soles, a green jacket, a green baseball cap and glasses, the release says. He also had some of his hair pulled into a bun through the strap on the back of his hat and had a small mustache and facial hair on his chin.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:40:53 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
As reported by AP News, the Hennepin County sheriff has confirmed that Philando Castile had a permit to carry. The permit class instructor stressed that they repeated multiple times how to handle a traffic stop. There appears to be more to this story.

Court and driver records show Castile was pulled over or ticketed at least 52 times in Minnesota since 2002, with 86 total misdemeanor or petty misdemeanor counts. More than half of the 86 violations were dismissed, court records show. He had no serious criminal record.

He was stopped at least two times since he received his permit to carry. Records do not indicate whether he had his gun with him on those stops.

Allysza Castile said she usually leaves her gun at home. But if she does have it with her while driving, she said she puts it in her glove compartment in a holster with the safety on.

"Most of the time, he did the same," the 23-year-old woman said of her brother. "There's never a time I saw him driving in the car with his weapon on his person."

What was different this time? Was he mistakenly identified or was he concerned about some other incident? The police should have done a felony stop which requires the occupants to exit the vehicle.  Possibly the dashcam video has enlightening audio or there is more to the girlfriend's video.

Also there may have been a police response such as related by @OGG. http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=1341.0
I've only had one traffic stop since I got my first carry permits.
I handed the PA state trooper my LTCF before my driver's license, even though neither PA nor DE requires notification. He seemed to appreciate the gesture, which was made purely for self-preservation: as a Wilmington officer told me flat out, "If your gun surprises me, I'll probably blow your #^$%@ head off." Other law enforcement officers I know have expressed similar sentiments, albeit not as elegantly phrased.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:24:25 PM by Cbmarine »
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Odd.. I read yesterday that the sherif stated his office never signed off for a CCW permit which is required before he could receive one. It would be simple for LE to simply release a photo of the permit if it existed. I'm sure it'll come out eventually.

If you're going to say you have a gun.. Make sure you state you have a permit first, before you state 'I have a gun'.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
I believe it was stated that the suspect not only had a gun , but a permit. The problem is the sheriff's office said he had never applied or been issued a permit by them. I the possession of a permit shows up on the officers screen in his car, as in some states, the officer would know the suspect did not posses a permit as claimed, and when he went for "his wallet" he was actually going for his gun, the was shown in the video, as being tucked in his belt.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
Ramsey County Sheriff said not here. Hennepin County Sheriff said yes the permit was issued. Permit must be issued by the sheriff of the county of residence.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:36:29 PM by Cbmarine »
New Castle County