Author Topic: Gun Store and Visa  (Read 5018 times)

JOET

• Life Member
New Castle County

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
Re: Gun Store and Visa
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:04:48 AM »
add to that list pnc and ge capital....

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »
Bunch of crap them pulling this

"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:26:04 AM »
Would love to invest in a pro-gun credit card processor.

LOTS of opportunity to make money.

Anybody want to start a bank?
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:09:20 AM »
Would love to invest in a pro-gun credit card processor.

LOTS of opportunity to make money.

Anybody want to start a bank?

Wonder if a credit union might be the way to go. Get all the players in the gun business and issue credit or gun stores, be able to get financing for some stuff ( hey they finance guitars people cant afford) and other good stuff.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 01:25:41 AM »
In the consumer appliance business, "12 months same as cash" etc is the norm. I always take the free money & it lowers the stress when something breaks suddenly.

Also goes for musical instruments, golf clubs, cars (0% 36 months), furniture, small boats etc etc.

Not for anything to do with guns. I can't even find a financing deal on a new safe.

Many would spend even more money if they didn't need to come up with it up front.
I would love to have a .338 Lapua Magnum  but minimum $3K plus $2K in optics is hard to save up for. Would do it in a heartbeat if I could get 24 months no interest.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 02:33:39 AM »
Doesn't the NRA have a CC? I would imagine that folks use that, their sale would go through for firearms.  Of course, CC's suck and they're not private financing...   but, do what you've got to do to buy what you need.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 06:45:25 AM »
The NRA's "VISA" credit card is through First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha who provides Secure Online ECommerce through TSYS Merchant Solutions who recommend Authorize.net as the processor.  ::) They also suggest TrustCommerce, USA EPay for online shopping cart processing and a couple others for terminal and POS users.

I've read the Hyatt's and CyberSource letters but my question would be where is the direct word from VISA? CyberSource as a subsidiary of VISA yes but would still very likely run itself with its own management on its day to day operations. Was this simply an oversight on their part over the years or did its parent company VISA have a say? Lesson to learn here is to always read the fine print.

While VISA has made donations of $20k+ to the Obama campaign I find it hard to believe VISA had anything directly related to this.. as many of the news sources are touting. Financially it doesn't make sense that VISA would do this. Also does anyone really think if VISA were gonna pull the plug on ALL gun sales and go anti 2A/gun there would still be an NRA VISA available to people? :o

I do find it in bad taste that VISA hasn't released an official statement regarding the issue.

Capnball

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 08:17:59 PM »
One more to add to the list is the mobile processor "Square". After the Sandy Hook event, they stopped taking on accounts that process for gun sales. I don't know if it was a publicity stunt and they have quietly returned to business as usual or not and I could not find the words firearm or gun listed on the merchant agreement on their website. VISA itself tends not to comment on political items unless it directly effects their business and even that is rare. Since VISA and Master Card tend to be the 800 pound Gorilla in payment processing they really don't have to say much since they share in a near monopoly. Since Delaware is a banking State the idea of setting up a "Second Amendment Credit Union" is interesting. But it would need to be a "Federal Credit Union" and not a State or Community Credit Union in order to to business across State lines.

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »
The NRA's "VISA" credit card is through First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha who provides Secure Online ECommerce through TSYS Merchant Solutions who recommend Authorize.net as the processor.  ::) They also suggest TrustCommerce, USA EPay for online shopping cart processing and a couple others for terminal and POS users.

I've read the Hyatt's and CyberSource letters but my question would be where is the direct word from VISA? CyberSource as a subsidiary of VISA yes but would still very likely run itself with its own management on its day to day operations. Was this simply an oversight on their part over the years or did its parent company VISA have a say? Lesson to learn here is to always read the fine print.

While VISA has made donations of $20k+ to the Obama campaign I find it hard to believe VISA had anything directly related to this.. as many of the news sources are touting. Financially it doesn't make sense that VISA would do this. Also does anyone really think if VISA were gonna pull the plug on ALL gun sales and go anti 2A/gun there would still be an NRA VISA available to people? :o

I do find it in bad taste that VISA hasn't released an official statement regarding the issue.

I don't know donating to Obama seens pretty anti-american to me, But to each their own as I know not all share ( or at least will admit ) to that opinion.