Author Topic: Back on Track  (Read 2125 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Back on Track
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »
My wife's CCW trek was sidetracked by a broken leg back in early March. She broke her leg in 3 places just above the ankle.  She is moving around pretty good now so we thought we would pick up where we left off. Her last (and only) trip to the range did not go quite as well as we had expected so I decided to change tactics. I borrowed a friends Walther P22 to get her started and I took along my Taurus PT111 in case she wanted to try something with more kick. She liked the Walther but once she fired the 9mm she was hooked.  She liked the weight of the 9mm and appreciated that the heavier recoil, compared to the .22, meant better stopping power.  Needless to say we went shopping and she brought home a Ruger SR-9c. We went to a couple of different gun shops but in the back of my mind I knew the best deal we would find is X-Ring and that is where we ended up buying it.  So, I am happy, she is happy and it is time to get classes lined up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
Re: Back on Track
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
Sweet! I wish I could get my wife to carry more than pepper spray! She says she's open to a range trip- so maybe that'll be my in-road, but so far every time I say I'm going, it's "not a good time". It will be nice for you to have your wife backing you up, or vice-versa! Please let us know what you think of that SR-9 over time. Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Back on Track
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »
Really cool man, congrats. My wife wants to get hers, she really likes my Glock 26 and most likely will be her carry.