Author Topic: New Member Hockessin  (Read 2590 times)

TCRken

New Member Hockessin
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:22:45 PM »
Hello All.  My wife and I moved from Denver to Hockessin to be closer to grandkids who all ended up in this general area.  I retired last December and have been a member of the NRA since I was 13.  Joined the Marines as a young guy and was honorably discharged.  Lived in Colorado 22 years and I was CCW licensed.  I've reviewed the hoops to jump through for Delaware and note getting a DE CCW is considerably more complex than Colorado was.  There, we filled out an application, had a NRA instructor class with range time and submission of the application to the county Sheriff.  After the background check, mug shot and fingerprinting, you paid your fee and were good for 3 years.  I would appreciate some suggestions as to where to go for the DE CCW instruction and range. 

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: New Member Hockessin
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 05:44:46 PM »
Hello TCRken, welcome to Delaware and to DECCW.com. You are correct on all the hoops one needs to jump going through a DE CCW, I wish it was a bit easier.

If you have any questions throughout the process share with us I am sure one of the members here will be able to give the answer you are looking for.

Once again welcome, and I hope to see you around and learn a thing or two from you as well.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:35:17 PM »
Welcome to a great forum TCRken!  There is a wealth of information here and just plain good company.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:49:21 AM »
welcome to deccw...I loved Colorado some great elk hunting there.

HikerToo

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 12:00:24 AM »
Hello All.  I would appreciate some suggestions as to where to go for the DE CCW instruction and range. 
Have you found a place for the De training? I read some other posts that mention them, also the X-Ring gun shop can recommend and get you in touch with some trainers.
CZ 75 BD 9mm
CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm
Ruger LCR .38
S&W 4" revolver .38