Author Topic: Looking at Concealed Carry In Delaware  (Read 3096 times)

horaceunit

Looking at Concealed Carry In Delaware
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:05:35 PM »
From Lewes and thinking of getting my concealed carry permit, and possibly my wife as well.  Been in Delaware since 1998, but my folks moved here in 1992, and Dad was from Claymont, and I spent the first year of my life there, so I guess you could say native son come home.  Always seemed funny to me- The Navy never had a problem with me carrying a .45 during watch both in home port and in foreign ports, but now I have to jump through a lot of hoops to get a permit?  I know, just playing devils advocate, but it does seem a bit strange!  Looking forward to lots of advice!  Thanks in advance!

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Looking at Concealed Carry In Delaware
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:43:58 PM »
Welcome to DECCW, glad you found us.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:48:22 PM »
Welcome. My wife and I both have a CCDW and we both have fun at the shooting ranges. I was in the service too, but Its kinda different out here.

It is really not as hard as it sounds to do all the paper work, photo's, fingerprints, references, and last but not least, (most expensive) the class.

the hardest part is filing all the paper work and then waiting a couple of months for the permit. Everyone here will help you along the way
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  My best advice upfront:  Get the process started!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

CMF

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:31:30 PM »
Glad to see a fellow downstater join us! Welcome
CMF  Georgetown/Harbeson
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

xring

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 01:09:24 AM »
My time in the Marine Corps was fortunatly during peace time. I was always wondering as I walked guard duty around the armory with NO ammunition in the 870 Remington 12 gauge. Why am I carring this, wondering how far I can throw it.......LOL

Non the less I walked and stood my post.

Good luck with the red tape going for your CCDW, It takes time and some money but well worth the wait.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:12:37 AM by xring »

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 01:19:43 AM »
Welcome, there certainly is a lot of good info here.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 03:05:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

I have a couple issues with the CCDW process  in DE like the notice in the paper and the five witnesses to excercise  a right, but it is what it is and the wife and I wanted our CCDW.

I would get it started as soon as possible and in all honesty Delaware is probably ( at least until Beau gets creative) a fairly consistant issuer of may issue permits. I cant think of anyone denied that I had heard of. I had heard when Oberly was AG it was totally ridiculous the crap he would pull and most permits had restrictions on it.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"