Author Topic: Hello from new member in Newark  (Read 2475 times)

JMI58

Hello from new member in Newark
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »
Hi all,

Nice forum you have here, it is full of very useful information.

I have a question for those that already have their CCDW.  I am in the process of obtaining my CCDW, and i have a question about taking the firearms safety training course.  The CCDW instructions indicate that you need to take the firearms safety training course within 90 days of receiving your letter of approval.  If I take the safety course now while I am waiting for the approval, will the safety course still be accepted, or will I need to retake the safety course?  Any thoughts on whether I should wait or take it now, also if anyone has taken the course before getting their notification and it was accepted.

Thanks for any and all advice,
John

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Hello from new member in Newark
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:41:21 PM »
1st, welcome!

You can take your training course before submitting our paperwork (file EVERYTHING in one complete package), or while you are waiting for approval (you'll receive the letter "you have 90 days from the date of this letter ..."), or after you've been approved (and receive the same 90 day letter).

If you do not have a course lined up, I can help with that.  PM will be inbound.

What you can do NOW - run your ad in the paper and start getting the 5 references from the county you reside in.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JKRight

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:03:24 PM »
Welcome from a new guy, as well.  Radnor sums it up nicely.  I did mine as one complete package and although it took a long time, I received my permit with no issue.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »
Welcome!!  I took my course after I submitted the paperwork but before they sent me the letter to send it in.  I was called when they wanted my training course certificate, she said they were calling instead of sending letters now to save time (this was last year).  I had the certificate waiting, when I received the phone call I mailed it in and I had my permit a week later.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County