Author Topic: State of the Union  (Read 2137 times)

VWpilot

State of the Union
« on: January 29, 2014, 02:30:01 AM »
Anyone catch BHO's reference to gun control? I didn't watch, but heard on FoxNews that he spoke of gun control briefly. Stay safe ~ Rob.

Answered my own question. (Don't mind me.) Found it here........

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-laws/breaking-obama-pledges-to-push-gun-control-with-or-without-congress/

BREAKING: Obama Pledges to Push Gun Control With or Without Congress

Tonight, the president, during the State of the Union Address, pledged to push common sense gun control with or without congress.

This certainly lays the groundwork for upcoming additional gun control executive orders.

On the plus side, that was the ONLY one line mention of gun control by the president during the address.

As I’ve always said, nothing terrifies Democrats more than dealing with gun control during an election year.

Don’t forget where Democrats stand on gun control in November, even if they don’t mention it for the rest of the year.

Here are the president’s statements on gun control during the State of the Union,

Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun violence steals from us each day. I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say “we are not afraid,” and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:48:34 AM by VWpilot »
NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 02:53:41 PM »
His State of the Union was like a "retread tire" as one guy put it. Same old thing with a attempt at a new spin.
We know Obummer will try to make Executive Orders to push gun-control, because it's not going to happen in Congress, especially in a election year. This will be an especially important 2 years to support the NRA. They will be our link between Obummer Laws and the Supreme Court rulings based on 2nd Amendment Rights.
I just re-upped my membership for 3 more years. If your coming due to re-up, I hope you will. If not a member, I hope you will join the NRA. They are our strongest defense between Obummer Gun-Control and us, We The People, gun-owners, hunters, Concealed Carry Permit Holders and collectors. Berry Obummer is out to get all of us.
Whether you have ever seen "Shindler's List" or not, you should know what always happens to a population the has it's right to guns and self protection taken away. It always ends in massive death. Google "Holocaust" if you doubt what I say.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

VWpilot

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »
Very well stated! Couldn't have said it any better. And I agree 100%.
NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 03:55:12 PM »
"With our without congress" That sounds like a threat to me and this .........( thinking)...... Person is getting way to big for his britches and needs put in his place.

http://news.msn.com/us/fact-check-did-obama-get-it-right

Good article on facts v fiction of his speech. It also gave the republican response. If you notice it seems Obama lied lots and the republican just slightly played with numbers once.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"