State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage

(1/27) > >>

Law of Self Defense:
Hey folks,

I just wanted to drop a note to let you know I'm covering the George Zimmerman trial down in Florida for one of the internet's largest legal blogs, Legal Insurrection.

Some of you may know me as a lawyer with a practice specializing in the law of self defense, others as that guy who shoots the IDPA matches wearing a suit jacket along with his cargo pants. 

In any case, if you're tired of the incredibly biased mainstream media coverage (or should I call it mis-coverage) of the Zimmerman case, consider taking a look at my coverage of the trial and analysis of the legal issues, all from the perspective of a gun guy who has CCW'd every day of his adult life.

It is, of course, all entirely free, and Legal Insurrection doesn't sell anything.

Past coverage (up through last night's daily wrap-up post) can be found here:  http://bit.ly/15KXK1a

Today's live coverage will be added to that list when Court goes into session at 9AM.

Thanks for your consideration!

Andrew

oldgraygeek:
Good to know.

IMHO, Zimmerman had no business following that kid as an armed civilian. Regardless of what happened in the end, he sought out, provoked and prolonged a confrontation -- knowing that violence could result from his actions -- and I have no problem charging him with Murder 2.

We all carry up here. We don't follow people around and confront them, because we're carrying. Zimmerman wanted to shoot someone, and he got his wish.

formerly known as frank:
This is an opinion one might have, if one only watches MSNBC, CNN, or NBC. Biased liberal reporting is all you will see there. The 911 tapes tells us Zimmerman was following Martin, but returned to his van, when told to do so by the 911 operator. As a community watch person, and being suspicious of Martin's intentions, it was natural for him to keep an eye on Martin. Unless you are clarivoyant, you can not pre- judge Zimmerman. Until the truth comes out in this trial, if it does, only the jury can pass judgement, not us!

oldgraygeek:

--- Quote from: frank on June 11, 2013, 02:15:02 PM ---This is an opinion one might have, if one only watches MSNBC, CNN, or NBC. Biased liberal reporting is all you will see there. The 911 tapes tells us Zimmerman was following Martin, but returned to his van, when told to do so by the 911 operator. As a community watch person, and being suspicious of Martin's intentions, it was natural for him to keep an eye on Martin. Unless you are clarivoyant, you can not pre- judge Zimmerman. Until the truth comes out in this trial, if it does, only the jury can pass judgement, not us!

--- End quote ---

I don't watch any of those channels (nor Fox "News," or any other TV news except the local weather).
As armed civilians, it is our duty to stay out of trouble.
Zimmerman went looking for trouble, and found it.

Law of Self Defense:

--- Quote from: oldgraygeek on June 11, 2013, 01:08:21 PM ---Regardless of what happened in the end, he sought out, provoked and prolonged a confrontation.

--- End quote ---

Well, in that case, you might not enjoy my coverage of the trial.  We're all entitled to an opinion, of course. 

In covering the trial, however, I stick to fact with some evidentiary basis.  No imaginary facts included. :-)

I can't recall the last time I heard about someone who "sought out, provoked and prolonged a confrontation" who called the police for assistance beforehand and throughout.  (That call would be an example of a "fact".)

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version