State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Missouri Governor vetoes pro gun bill.

(1/1)

poster formerly know as Silverbullet:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/05/missouri-governor-vetoes-bill-that-nullified-fed-gun-laws/

Now this is why I say sadly the age of the conservative democrat might just be gone. Nixon won heavily in Missouri despite the state rejecting Obama. I think States might just start thinking differently.

The bill would have made it a state crime for federal officials to enforce gun laws in the sovereign state of Missouri.

It also did away with the tax on transfers of machine guns and silences

Made Open carry legal

lowered the age that you can get a handgun permit to 19 from 21

allowed teachers to carry guns

This reminds me of McCaskill in MO. They cant stand Obama yet re-elect her after her vote for Obamcare. It makes no sense. You would not support him you might as well not support her.

Both parties are screwed, but one at least will let us keep our guns for the do over.

kent:
In any State the majority of the average voters has no interest in politics and is uneducated in politics, but they still vote.

poster formerly know as Silverbullet:

--- Quote from: kent on July 06, 2013, 10:52:16 AM ---In any State the majority of the average voters has no interest in politics and is uneducated in politics, but they still vote.

--- End quote ---

True, but the equivalent of this would be everyone here voting Obama for president ( they did or enough) then voting wade for senate.

It does not seem this happens in reverse with conservative or value voters, but it seems too many are duped on conservative states to believe that there is a national democrat that is actually conservative. I had high hopes for Joe Manchin of West Virginia until the amnesty vote.

formerly known as frank:
The Govenor's veto was expected, it is also believed that there are enough votes to override the veto.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version