Author Topic: Newbie from Delmar  (Read 5454 times)

kimmie

Newbie from Delmar
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:07:22 PM »
the slower lower part of the state! :D

I don't have a CCW permit yet, working on getting that. I just took a class for Utah Non-Resident last weekend.  Hoping to learn a lot here! 
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.

John

Re: Newbie from Delmar
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
Welcome!  Ask away, some really good people on here with good information.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »
Welcome, Kimmie.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

fdegree

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 07:05:56 PM »

I don't have a CCW permit yet, working on getting that. I just took a class for Utah Non-Resident last weekend.  Hoping to learn a lot here! 
Welcome!!!

Perhaps you already know this, but...

If you are a Delaware resident, you MUST have a Delaware permit to legally carry a concealed weapon.  The Utah non-resident permit will be recognized by Delaware if you are a Maryland resident...not if you are a Delaware resident.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

kimmie

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 11:39:39 AM »

Welcome!!!

Perhaps you already know this, but...

If you are a Delaware resident, you MUST have a Delaware permit to legally carry a concealed weapon.  The Utah non-resident permit will be recognized by Delaware if you are a Maryland resident...not if you are a Delaware resident.

Yup found that out already and now I have to find training so I can get my DE CCW

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 08:03:13 PM »
Welcome Kimmie.
New Castle County

SKYDIVR

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 10:03:02 PM »
Welcome Kimmie, I'm actually down in LSD all the time at Skydive Delmarva. If you can find some free time in between running around getting passport photos, getting references filled out, getting applications notorized, taking the CCW course, or visiting the Prothonotory's office you should stop by and make a jump. Laurel Airport is a hole in the wall, but we'll show you a good time.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:50:22 AM »
Welcome Kimmie, I'm actually down in LSD all the time at Skydive Delmarva. If you can find some free time in between running around getting passport photos, getting references filled out, getting applications notorized, taking the CCW course, or visiting the Prothonotory's office you should stop by and make a jump. Laurel Airport is a hole in the wall, but we'll show you a good time.
Skydiver your nuts..... I just don't see the thrill of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Besides it's not the fall that kills you it's that sudden stop at the end.  :D
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 01:04:19 AM »
Hey Kimmey- I'm also from down this way. I got my training, and CCW, from JD Defense- both at his classes at Del-Tech in Gtown and at his range which is on rt. 9 a mile or 2 before you hit rt. 113. Excellent place, people, and training. Good luck. Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 01:05:44 AM »
sorry... I meant Kimmie! Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 02:57:50 AM »
you should stop by and make a jump. Laurel Airport is a hole in the wall, but we'll show you a good time.
+1

My son wanted to jump from a plane as a graduation gift a few years ago so I joined him.  I have a fear of heights but there is no way to explain the calmness I felt through the dive or the adrenaline rush I got on the ground when I realized what I just did.  It was intense and I would recommend it to everyone.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

John

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 10:57:17 PM »
you should stop by and make a jump. Laurel Airport is a hole in the wall, but we'll show you a good time.
+1

My son wanted to jump from a plane as a graduation gift a few years ago so I joined him.  I have a fear of heights but there is no way to explain the calmness I felt through the dive or the adrenaline rush I got on the ground when I realized what I just did.  It was intense and I would recommend it to everyone.

Have you done it again??  That first step out has got to be a sick feeling. :o

MarinoTactical

• www.marinotactical.com
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »
I offer a one day CCDW class in Milford, $150. It's all realistic, scenario based training.
Give me a call if you're interested, or even if you have any application questions. 302-542-3755
Marino Tactical Training, Inc.
Certified Instructors for
National Rifle Association
Glock Certified Armorer and Professional Instructor
Utah BCI
Delaware Council on Police Training(COPT)
marinotactical@gmail.com
302-542-3755
www.trainforthefight.com

kimmie

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 01:36:34 PM »

Sorry late in replying (life - go figure).  While I'd LOVE to take you up on the skydive ...I don't think that's perhaps a good option for me (had my knee replaced last year and they don't like you doing fun things).  :( 

I had a small set back (death of my Mom) in getting things going but back into the grind now.  Started my class at JD (last night was 1st night) and next week going to Dover for fingerprinting - YIPPEE SKIPPEE!  I'm either going up in person to The Guide today or see if I can call in to place my ad. Calling would be cool because I gotta pick my kid up from school and that would mean I'd have to leave work early to do so.