Author Topic: NO MORE TELEPHONE CALLS TO GET A BACK GROUND CHECK FOR GUN PURCHASE  (Read 3029 times)

kent

Went to a LGS and a guy was purchasing a hand gun and the clerk did the back ground check by computer. No phone calls and the clerk soon had a printout of the response. The purchaser received his hand gun without a phone call and everything was completed by use of a computer to verify the background check. You are now in the Data System.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

JOET

• Life Member
Re: NO MORE TELEPHONE CALLS TO GET A BACK GROUND CHECK FOR GUN PURCHASE
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:58:35 PM »
maybe Chris will comment on this...
New Castle County

Tonym

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:00:56 PM »
X ring and the bigger department stores like cabelas and dicks do everything online like this.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 12:17:17 AM »
As I remember, Chris does his by computer.  My last purchase at x ring was by phone just a couple of weeks after they stopped doing the Delaware State Police check.  2012 I think.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 01:29:32 AM »
Chris has always done the background check via phone that I've seen. No big deal in my opinion as the same thing gets accomplished. Iirc the online resource has been running for sometime now. For those environmentally conscious.. This does take an additional sheet of paper, the print out, then the phone does. Wasn't the internet and computers supposed to help reduce paper use???  ::)

All the info is on the BATFE site about it to read.

At least both ways are about the same speed. I know FFLs who still require that they US Post their paperwork to the seller and refuse to email as most everyone does today. Smyrna.... Tis the reason I moved over to Chris.