Author Topic: Selling a handgun to CCW without FFL  (Read 2204 times)

Gorski

Selling a handgun to CCW without FFL
« on: July 16, 2013, 03:03:32 PM »
Hi All

Wondering about selling a gun to a fellow CCW holder without going through an FFL?  Is it legal, any backlash concerns?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Gorski
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Selling a handgun to CCW without FFL
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:19:28 PM »
I would guess you would still have to go thru a FFL dealer, but would need to site the CCW permit # and not have to go throug a background check and finger prints, since that is already on file with the Goberment.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:19 PM »
There is an exception for CCDW permit holders I believe.. Section 1448B(C)(6) I think it was.

(6) Transactions in which the potential purchaser or transferee holds a current and valid concealed carry permit issued by the Superior Court of the State of Delaware pursuant to § 1441 of this title.

As I understand this, as long as the person purchasing the firearm has a valid Delaware CCDW permit, a face to face transfer can still legally take place without going through a FFL. I'd suggest having a good, clear copy of both the buyer's Delaware CCDW permit and Delaware drivers license for your records.

I'm not a lawyer and hate legal text. Hopefully someone else can verify this or correct me.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »
Correct.
Amendment HA1 to HB35 exempts:
(6)  Transactions in which the potential purchaser or transferee holds a current and valid concealed carry permit issued by the Superior Court of the State of Delaware pursuant to §1441 of this title.

http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LIS/LIS147.NSF/vwLegislation/HB+35?Opendocument
New Castle County