State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

apartment complex to defy second amendment in colorado

(1/2) > >>

kathy1:
just came across this TV news item and wanted to solicit feedback/comments.  What if this were to happen in Delaware?  What could we do about it?  And, more importantly would we do anything about it or just talk????????????????? Interesting sad state of affairs.  Copy into your browser, hope I did it right

http://www.9news.com/news/article/348974/339/Apartment-tenants-told-they-must-get-rid-of-guns?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge

Obleo:
Considering this seems to be a 2nd amendment issue I think this has to play out.  If it holds in favor of the owner then open carry is out.  I would still carry as a CCDW holder.  Personal and property searches are still unlawful without a warrant.

I’ve lived in all kinds of places and have heard “no smoking”, “no pets” and “no unregistered vehicles” but never “no drugs”, “no gambling” either.  Must be a local reason why this owner is anti-American.

Bmel17:
they did try this in DE, in state housing.  Lawsuit prevailed from DSSA and NRA

ESPMan:
http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=349123

Seems it took care of itself. Also, making news like this public is basically hanging a huge sign for criminals that says "We're not armed, come on in." Where are people's minds these days?

oldgraygeek:
Glad this is dead. If I lived there, my personal inclination would have been:
--Move (to an apartment not owned by evil scum).
--Sue the pants off the evil scum for making me move, including every cent it cost right down to stamps, envelopes, change fees from utilities, gas, oil, wear on my tires, etc... and a few million for emotional distress.

I worked at the opening of a retirement community in PA, and the subject of guns came up. The director said, "Many of the people who move into our community will own guns. Their guns weren't a problem before they came here, and they won't be a problem now. Nobody in our employ will ask any applicant or resident about guns under any circumstances."
I liked that guy. A lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version