Poll

Do you carry or wear a concealed weapons badge?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
37 (78.7%)
Never seen one
10 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Concealed Carry Badge  (Read 16511 times)

Siludni

• Old-school citizen, Navy Vet, NRA Life, DSSA
Re: Concealed Carry Badge
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »
       For the record, I subscribe to the school of thought which believes that a CCDW badge is an idea fraught with problems, and generally associated with
"cop wannabes", and is not something of which I want to be a part.
       Having said that, let me play the devil's advocate for a moment, and refer to a post by Rabbit where he writes that the concept of a badge shows that one who possesses, wears or displays one implies some type of legal authority defined by law, or words to that effect.
       Not every citizen in Delaware has the legal authority to carry a weapon concealed, except those who have gone through the process, defined by law,
to gain that authority. A CCDW permit is, in fact, a state issued, legal authority to carry concealed. I have not researched the matter, but is there any prohibition in Delaware law to possessing or carrying a CCDW badge? Some other jurisdictions do prohibit badges, or "state seals" on a badge, unless issued by that jurisdiction.
       Just thought I would stir the pot a bit and generate some comments(?).
                    Regards !
"How strange is youth! You are not ashamed to be a fool, but are ashamed to admit having been one, when admitting it will make you a wise man again!"
                                                                                        Daniel Defoe

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
but is there any prohibition in Delaware law to possessing or carrying a CCDW badge?

No, it is still not against the law to do brilliant things.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Willie848

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 01:56:50 AM »
??? I agree, I think most everyone agrees that the badge is a bad idea. The class that I attended in Middletown also pushed badges at break time and the instructor is a police officer, you'd think he'd know better, but at $25/$35 per badge it's all about the money.  :o

We most have been in the same class that's where i took my class in Jan.

Willie848

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 02:05:34 AM »
??? I agree, I think most everyone agrees that the badge is a bad idea. The class that I attended in Middletown also pushed badges at break time and the instructor is a police officer, you'd think he'd know better, but at $25/$35 per badge it's all about the money.  :o

I took my class in Middletown also we may be speaking about the same Instructor also.

calee13

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 04:02:43 AM »

I took my class in Middletown also we may be speaking about the same Instructor also.
   I think you're correct Willie, did you get your permit yet? I'm 9 weeks and still waiting.

Willie848

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »

I think you're correct Willie, did you get your permit yet? I'm 9 weeks and still waiting.

Don't know if you got my response to your question my permit came mid Fed. I went to class while my paper work was being processed. two weeks after the my approval came in the then I turn my certificate in two weeks after that the permit came.  Advice a watched pot never boils it will come when you aren't looking for it.

calee13

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 01:40:42 AM »
Sorry Willie, I thought I responded to your message. I did attend the same class dates as you. Thanks for the input.......I have stopped watching the dang mail box, 10 weeks in and the wait's like water boarding for an inpatient man.  ;)

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
I don't see myself carrying a badge of any kind.  However, achieving a DE CCDW permit attests to a responsible, mature, thoughtful and reliable person.  Each of us knows at least 5 people that have so much as agreed with that.  The AG and Resident Judge have the same opinion. In most of us is the understanding that we may be called upon to protect someone other than ourselves, possibly a stranger in peril.  If a badge symbolizes to you that a goal demanding unequivocally high character was reached, then I say: “Put a badge in your pocket and check it out every so often.”  Actually show it off and let others know that they too can be an asset in the community.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

calee13

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 05:16:49 PM »
I don't see myself carrying a badge of any kind.  However, achieving a DE CCDW permit attests to a responsible, mature, thoughtful and reliable person.  Each of us knows at least 5 people that have so much as agreed with that.  The AG and Resident Judge have the same opinion. In most of us is the understanding that we may be called upon to protect someone other than ourselves, possibly a stranger in peril.  If a badge symbolizes to you that a goal demanding unequivocally high character was reached, then I say: “Put a badge in your pocket and check it out every so often.”  Actually show it off and let others know that they too can be an asset in the community.

I agree with some of your statement but I believe the badge is a bad idea and apparently so does the CCDWP overlords or they'd issue them along with permits.

Willie848

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:52 PM »

I agree with some of your statement but I believe the badge is a bad idea and apparently so does the CCDWP overlords or they'd issue them along with permits.

I Don't need the brilliant badge I was given a Delaware State ID Card with my photo on it that's enough of a badge I need. 

Willie848

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »

I Don't need the brilliant badge I was given a Delaware State ID Card with my photo on it that's enough of a badge I need.