Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3303 times)

imdman71

New Guy
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:49:42 AM »
Hey all, stumbled across this forum when I was trying to do some research on CCWP. I have applied completed courses and all required taskers and have been denied. Trying to see what I can do now for my hearing, and maybe find out why I may have been denied. 20yr USAF Vet, just retired in Dec, no criminal record...except for a traffic ticket or 2...lol. I am currently in Afghanistan and as I stated have requested a hearing about my denial. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
I have heard of cases where someone was turned down because of the individual at the Attorney General's Office that is anti-gun got your application. The speeding tickets is enough for them to turn you down. Could be it's because you have recently been to a war zone in their eyes. Advise you agressively appeal the application turn down.  Good luck fellow Vet.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

CMF

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »
A 20 year USAF vet with a clean record denied  ???   Proves the inmates are running the asylum.  I Sir applaud your service and all veterans who give & gave us civilians our diminishing freedom.

Contributor to: Lukes Wings & Wounded Warrior Project
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
Imdman,
Hopefully none of your traffic tickets were for aggressive driving.
Check out this Newark lawyers page. He specializes in these appeals.
http://www.farren-law.com/Criminal-Law-Matters/CCDW-Appeals-Carrying-Concealed.shtml
New Castle County

Bmel17

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 06:43:21 PM »
good luck, hopefully it gets straightened out in the hearing

imdman71

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
The ticket was for speeding and it was like 10 over, nothing big and was probably 6 or seven years ago.
Do I really need a lawyer for this hearing? Is it basically just a one on one with the judge?
Will he give me a reason why I was turned down so I may be able to either explain or refute what the reason was?
Thanks for the kind words regarding my service, it has been an honor.
I am currently overseas now as well so I will only be back in the states for about 2 weeks and have the hearing scheduled for that time.
Hopefully a decision can be made on the spot so I will know where I stand and also hopefully have the situation resolved.
Anyone have ant experience with these hearings or have any info regarding them?
Is it possible that they will overturn their previous decision or am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Capnball

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 12:54:21 AM »
imdman71, thank you very much for your service. My hope and prayer is that your tour of duty is uneventful and you arrive home safely. I have a sneaking suspicion that the person that reviewed your application is very likely anti-gun. They could also be over-reacting to the reported numbers of those veterans returning with some degree of PTSD. I would ask an attorney to attend the hearing to advise you of your rights, if nothing else. It burns me that we can train men and women to use guns, then send them half-way across the world, but find excuse after excuse, to refuse to afford them the same protection when they are at home.

ThikRik

• Locked & Loaded
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I RAN INTO THAT PROBLEM TOO. INQUIRE WHY IT WAS DENIED THEY HAVE TO TELL YOU. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GET AN ATTORNEY OR AT LEAST LEGAL ADVICE.
"Protect Yourself At All Times"