CCW Methods & Issues > New CCW Permit Holders

pa really fast

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sigarms12:
Yea I wish they would at the least make them a little more smaller to fit in my wallet.

CorBon:

--- Quote from: SigP250 on March 29, 2009, 12:04:44 AM ---Yea I wish they would at the least make them a little more smaller to fit in my wallet.

--- End quote ---
As was previously mentioned by Glock23, you can always shrink that puppy down and laminate it.  I believe that’s what PA used to do.  I wound up shrinking mine to 64%, and laminated it myself.  I even thought about throwing a picture in there – but I got lazy.

Sigarms12:
I was refering to the delaware permit. What I did wirh my PA permit was folded it and put it in a penney baseball card sleve.

GunEnvy:
got a question corbon, Have you checked with PA to see if shrinkng the permit "voids" its legallity? I mean if you shrink it and carry the smaller version it is no longer the acctual permit and will the police recognize it as a permit. I'm not trying to argue you with you but if they don't have a problem with it I will do it also. It's a great idea and I never even thought of doing that.

CorBon:

--- Quote from: GunEnvy on March 29, 2009, 01:44:26 PM ---got a question corbon, Have you checked with PA to see if shrinkng the permit "voids" its legallity? I mean if you shrink it and carry the smaller version it is no longer the acctual permit and will the police recognize it as a permit. I'm not trying to argue you with you but if they don't have a problem with it I will do it also. It's a great idea and I never even thought of doing that.

--- End quote ---
I wondered about that, too, but here’s my thoughts.  As stated previously, my first PA permit was laminated, included a photo, and was stamped on the back that it was “A TRUE AND ATTESTED COPY,” and it was signed by the sheriff.  It looked “official.”  Next, the photo and the stamping went away.  Now, the lamination went away.  This thing honestly looks worse than something that WE could make up on the computer.  Your real “permit” is the number in the corner. There’d be a better case that you need the actual paper they sent to you if it included some kind of official seal, or your photo.  But since it doesn’t take on the role of identification, I’m hard-pressed to think that it matters.  Plus, it’s highly doubtful that any LEO is actually going to know the current dimensions of these things, as I truly believe the reason that they didn’t shrink and laminate this puppy was just to save a dollar or so.  And, as I said before, my “real” copy literally has white correction tape on it – so that doesn’t look too good.

So, that may not be a direct answer to your question – but that’s my way of thinkin’.         

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version