Author Topic: Pa. CCDW permit  (Read 6413 times)

surfcaster

Pa. CCDW permit
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:57:27 PM »
Went to Lancaster court house today, spent about 20 min. there and left with my Pa. permit. Very fast and easy.

Bulldog021

Re: Pa. CCDW permit
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 12:07:28 AM »
Congrats I did not know they were still doing instants.
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

surfcaster

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:45:25 AM »
When I called,they told me they could do it while I wait,that a month ago it was super busy,but it's slowed down now.

tonygoldston

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:34:43 AM »
Wish I had known. Just went to Media yesterday to do app there. 45-50 days. But still faster than DE.

FIREFIGHTER7248

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 03:20:45 AM »
Thats news to me.  Didn't think they still did them while you waited.  Interesting
Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 12:34:07 PM »
There was some talk about making the applicant fill out the 2nd page.  Is that TRUE???
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

surfcaster

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »
There are 2 pages to fill out,the second is just a short page asking name of your local police dept.Cost is $20.Be sure to take De. CCDW permit and drivers license with you along with Pa. application.

robberbaron

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »
Does anyone know the hours the Lancaster office is open?

mrjam2jab

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
Said 2nd page is illegal and can not be required.
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
Said 2nd page is illegal and can not be required.
The question is, if you do not fill it out will they still issue it???
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 08:22:05 PM »
I forget which county, but its either becks, bucks or berks also is supposed to have "same day" service.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

robberbaron

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »
I went to Reading (Berks County) this afternoon (at the Sheriff's satellite office in the airport) and walked straight in. I was processed in less than 30 minutes and left with the permit in hand. Highly recommend it.

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 12:56:15 AM »
I went to Reading (Berks County) this afternoon (at the Sheriff's satellite office in the airport) and walked straight in. I was processed in less than 30 minutes and left with the permit in hand. Highly recommend it.

That was it. Thanks
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 01:04:59 AM »
Why is there a second page if its illegal? I'm not familiar with Berks Count paperwork.
I looked at Delaware County paperwork, which I know is different. Only one page of the three gets filled out.
http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/weapons.html
So page two at Berks is to notify your local police dept? I know that's required for a C&R license, but not CCDW.
New Castle County

bigdogde

• U BE THE JUDGE
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 11:17:06 PM »
I went to delaware county (Media) pa it took two trips one to drop off app and the other to pick up permit very nice people there and topped both days off by hitting a shooting range about 10 min from the courthouse called Double Action in upper darby very nice place and very friendly owners and staff .
Lower slower enjoying life in Sussex County