Author Topic: Sting operation  (Read 7604 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Sting operation
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
Read today in the News Journal a bill is heading to the house to appropriate 200K for gun buy-back programs, and "undercover gun purchase stings". No doubt there will be fake ads on sites like Armslist.
New Castle County

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Sting operation
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
Not sure about sting operations??  These programs rarely produce anything worth their cost to taxpayers.  I suppose they do remove some trinkets from being burglarized, but I doubt the claims of the sponsers.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »
I agree Bill. The sting operations is regarding Markell's new bill on firearms transfers. You can't sell your revolver to your neighbor anymore without involving a FFL-01.
New Castle County

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 02:08:20 AM »
I agree Bill. The sting operations is regarding Markell's new bill on firearms transfers. You can't sell your revolver to your neighbor anymore without involving a FFL-01.

Unless you both have a ccw?

"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 02:11:13 AM »
Maybe one of the old pros can help me on this.

Markell wants to have gun buy backs. Now lots of junk gets sold back to the state with OUR TAX MONEY. I have heard of some pretty nice stuff getting sold back as well like a couple kimber and colt 1911's. Now a great travesty occurs that the guns are destroyed ( or cherry picked by LEO)

What I am wondering is would it be legal for private citizens to arrange a gun buy back if they had a ccdw. The goal would be the same as the state, but I figure many gun owners would pay more and keep them. I think its pathetic someone got $150 for a kimber 1911. If I had seen that I would have offered $300 on the spot ( if I had it been tight since Obama has been in the House.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 02:22:46 AM »
My CCDW doesn't allow you to buy a gun without a FFL. Back when they did both state and federal checks, they would bypass the Delaware check. Now it's just the one phone call. I'll go look up the bill to see if there is a CCDW exclusion, but I doubt it.
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 02:31:53 AM »
You are correct. Amendment 1 to HB 35 states:
(6)  Transactions in which the potential purchaser or transferee holds a current and valid concealed carry permit issued by the Superior Court of the State of Delaware pursuant to §1441 of this title.

http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LIS/LIS147.NSF/vwLegislation/HB+35?Opendocument
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »
My CCDW doesn't allow you to buy a gun without a FFL. Back when they did both state and federal checks, they would bypass the Delaware check. Now it's just the one phone call. I'll go look up the bill to see if there is a CCDW exclusion, but I doubt it.

Excuse me?  (BEFORE the Bill) I believe in Del we could do F2F to another Del res. W/O the FFL. No CCDW  for either party required.  Can you say the ID-TEN-T's "guns how Loophole" which does NOT exist. Purchase from the FFL absolutely but not a F2F transaction. (again this is BEFORE the Bill).

I'm sure our local FFL would clear this up when he gets a second to get on the forum.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 02:47:17 PM »

Excuse me?  (BEFORE the Bill) I believe in Del we could do F2F to another Del res. W/O the FFL. No CCDW  for either party required.  Can you say the ID-TEN-T's "guns how private sale" which does NOT exist. Purchase from the FFL absolutely but not a F2F transaction. (again this is BEFORE the Bill).

I'm sure our local FFL would clear this up when he gets a second to get on the forum.

Right now it is not allowed but we could before. Now we can do a ftf but need a ccdw to not use an ffl. Is that correct.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 07:50:22 PM »
If I understand this correctly, a CCDW can sell to another CCDW with out a background check, but a CCDW can not sell to an average person.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 09:54:17 PM »
If I understand this correctly, a CCDW can sell to another CCDW with out a background check, but a CCDW can not sell to an average person.

That is how I understand it. What I wonder though is if someone wants to sell a gun who does not have a ccdw, but the person buying does can the person buy it or do both have to have ccdw.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 12:59:36 AM »
The way I read this, if you hold a CCDW permit, you can buy a firearm from an unlicensed person, same as before this bill was signed into law.
HOUSE BILL NO. 35
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR  TRANSFER OF FIREARMS.
§ 1448B. Criminal history record checks for sales of firearms – unlicensed persons.
(a)  No unlicensed person shall sell or transfer any firearm, as defined in § 222 of this title, to any other unlicensed person without having conducted a criminal history background check through a licensed firearms dealer in accordance with § 1448A of this title and 24 Del.C. § 904A, ... 

(c)  The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
​(6) Transactions in which the potential purchaser or transferee holds a current and valid concealed carry permit issued by the Superior Court of the State of Delaware pursuant to §1441 of this title. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 02:28:25 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. Now, do you want to by my plastic 3D Thompson? ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 03:35:49 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. Now, do you want to by my plastic 3D Thompson? ;)

Hey, I was thinking of reloading .45 AC.  How much? I have some spare pocket change in a jar :)
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.