Author Topic: Newark High student brought loaded gun to school  (Read 7819 times)

VWpilot

Newark High student brought loaded gun to school
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »
FYI.......stay safe ~ Rob. Upstanding Wilmington resident here, with a stolen handgun........who wants to bet that the gun charges are eventually dropped under plea agreement?

Newark Post

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:00 am

By Karie Simmons ksimmons@newarkpostonline.com

A Newark High School student is in jail after allegedly bringing a loaded handgun into the school on Tuesday, police said.

A school resource officer found the gun in the 18-year-old student's backpack, along with a large quantity of marijuana.

According to Newark Police spokesman Lt. Mark A. Farrall, at approximately 12:15 p.m. school administrators were alerted by a staff member that student Zakeer Washington was in possession of marijuana.

The administrator searched him, found the pot and contacted a Newark Police officer stationed at the school, Farrall said. Police seized a total of 46 grams of marijuana, packaged in 45 small plastic vials and seven small bags, along with a large amount of cash.

The officer searched Washington further and found a loaded .45-caliber handgun in his bag. Washington was taken into custody by the resource officer without incident.

Further investigation revealed the handgun had been stolen from Somerset County, Pa., in August, Farrall said

Washington, a resident of Read Street in Wilmington, was charged with carrying a concealed deadly weapon, possession of a firearm in a school zone, possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance and other related offenses.

He was arraigned at JP Court 2 and committed to Howard R. Young Correctional in lieu of $39,200 cash bail.

http://www.newarkpostonline.com/crime_beat/article_f577913e-f4ab-50e4-af07-2083e2b000bf.html

NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Newark High student brought loaded gun to school
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:25:33 PM »
Oh good. He's started out on a fantastic path in life.  I hope they can charge him as an adult.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Bullpup

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »
They'll probably put a "Gun Free Zone" sign on the door now.  Like that would have stopped him...

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 02:22:42 AM »
Does nto surprise me. I am sure they will say its the fault of someone else like Columbus, the antebellum south or something like that that gave the kid no choice.

Just a curiosity I would be curious of who the boy liked in the 2012 election.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 06:41:39 PM »
However, that "gun free zone" sign better not have an actual picture or drawing of a gun...  that could scare or offend some folks.  No one wants to make anyone uncomfortable, now do we? 

::)

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 02:15:10 AM »
I wonder? Am I the only one thinking if Obama had a son he would look like this guy? ( paraphrase from Trayvon issue). I doubt Obama will claim this one though.

also

Zakeer Washington

Man, What is with people. They really hung a name on that kid. Did his parents ever want him to have a job that did not involve crime or a low skilled job? What point do people make with some of these names. The best one I ever heard was shitavious.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 03:26:22 AM »
Shitavious sounds Roman. Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Octavious...
New Castle County

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 12:18:52 PM »
I think somewhere in the black community there is a dart board with all the letters of the alphabet on it. When you have a child you are offered any number of darts that you desire. You throw one after another & when you are done that's the name of your dependent. Or should I say our dependent. 

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »
I had seen a comment on another forum referring to the "unusual" ethnic names that seem to be currently popular. Unless the story mentions a gender, sometime you cannot tell by the name alone.  It was stated that when the name ends in a vowel it is usually female, ending in a consonant it is a male. Of course this does not hold true with the urban myths of the Orangejello and Lemonjello brothers.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

lelam

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 07:07:03 PM »
Is this about a kid who had drugs and a gun in school or is it about black people? The way this is going, it sounds like some of you have a better name ( N-word ) for him or all black people. I thought this forum was about education and conversation on ccw, & rights we have as Americans. All the conversation and jokes about blacks being thugs around Wilmington or having weird names, and what ever isn't helping. Not all blacks are that way. What about the poor white kid/kids who have target practice in schools killing dozens of innocent children. Do you find that amusing also? Colorado is not Wilmington and they've had mass shootings. 2014 and some of you still exist. The world we live in is full of diversity. It's our choice to make it a better place or continue to ruin it. Whites, blacks, asian, hispanic whoever we are, we all live in the USA and the rest of the world hates us. All of us not some, but all.  GROW UP PEOPLE.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 08:57:41 PM »
Is this about a kid who had drugs and a gun in school or is it about black people? The way this is going, it sounds like some of you have a better name ( N-word ) for him or all black people. I thought this forum was about education and conversation on ccw, & rights we have as Americans. All the conversation and jokes about blacks being thugs around Wilmington or having weird names, and what ever isn't helping. Not all blacks are that way. What about the poor white kid/kids who have target practice in schools killing dozens of innocent children. Do you find that amusing also? Colorado is not Wilmington and they've had mass shootings. 2014 and some of you still exist. The world we live in is full of diversity. It's our choice to make it a better place or continue to ruin it. Whites, blacks, asian, hispanic whoever we are, we all live in the USA and the rest of the world hates us. All of us not some, but all.  GROW UP PEOPLE.

I have to agree with you.  This is a Firearms Rights site.  Anything that separates us is not good.  We need to respect that the Right To Keep and Bear Arms applies at All Americans. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 09:13:32 PM »
Is this about a kid who had drugs and a gun in school or is it about black people? The way this is going, it sounds like some of you have a better name ( N-word ) for him or all black people. I thought this forum was about education and conversation on ccw, & rights we have as Americans. All the conversation and jokes about blacks being thugs around Wilmington or having weird names, and what ever isn't helping. Not all blacks are that way. What about the poor white kid/kids who have target practice in schools killing dozens of innocent children. Do you find that amusing also? Colorado is not Wilmington and they've had mass shootings. 2014 and some of you still exist. The world we live in is full of diversity. It's our choice to make it a better place or continue to ruin it. Whites, blacks, asian, hispanic whoever we are, we all live in the USA and the rest of the world hates us. All of us not some, but all.  GROW UP PEOPLE.

Kum bye ah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta5HnYtWBIs

also

aclu.org, moveon.org, and Disney.com might be helpful.

That said all kidding aside. I would not call a young thug like this a black man as that is a disservice to blacks, but for political correctness we will just say black. Yes not all black people are like that and no one is saying there is. I am sure all of us know patriots of different colors. Not only is my best friend not white he is also married to a white woman. I don't view him as some Asian guy married to a white woman. He is a patriot.

It seems anytime a correlation is noticed between crime and ethnicity people throw the race card. It gets old as well.

You go to Hockessin or Greenville I have not seem stores with bullet proof glass up. I have seen several in Wilmington and even a KFC in the "diverse" section of Philadelphia where the entire crew was behind bullet proof glass. I don't think they have them in say Idaho or Montana.

As a Democratic senator once said "We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

And for the record if I am racist against anyone its liberal whites who do everything they can to keep blacks in that position solely for their votes.  The problem is many so called "black leaders" worry more about blaming others and the past instead of taking stock of problems in said community.

Also no one brought up the nword but you. Now if he fits what people think of that word then I am sorry. I did not tell the thug to have dope and a gun on him.

Dang our tax dollars are going to keep him in jail now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:19:41 PM by silverbullet »

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »
Is this about a kid who had drugs and a gun in school or is it about black people? The way this is going, it sounds like some of you have a better name ( N-word ) for him or all black people. I thought this forum was about education and conversation on ccw, & rights we have as Americans. All the conversation and jokes about blacks being thugs around Wilmington or having weird names, and what ever isn't helping. Not all blacks are that way. What about the poor white kid/kids who have target practice in schools killing dozens of innocent children. Do you find that amusing also? Colorado is not Wilmington and they've had mass shootings. 2014 and some of you still exist. The world we live in is full of diversity. It's our choice to make it a better place or continue to ruin it. Whites, blacks, asian, hispanic whoever we are, we all live in the USA and the rest of the world hates us. All of us not some, but all.  GROW UP PEOPLE.

I have to agree with you.  This is a Firearms Rights site.  Anything that separates us is not good.  We need to respect that the Right To Keep and Bear Arms applies at All Americans.  

I don't believe ANYONE said the right to keep and bear arms does not, or should not apply to all americans. I do recall though that 95% of one group voted for a politically ( Obama) who believes it does not apply to any Americans. He does sugar coat his gun control ideas better than some though.

I have said before and will say again. There is something wrong when you look at political parties, crime and gun control.

Ok honestly, in this country blacks do commit far more crimes than their percentage of the population than other goups.

Blacks overwhelmingly vote democrat

Democrats more often than not support gun control

There is much more black on white crime than white on black crime.

Whites more often vote republican (much less than blacks vote democrat)

Republicans are less likely ( there are exceptions) to push gun control.

Anyone see a pattern here?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:36:02 PM by silverbullet »

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 10:08:12 PM »
This must be the post that has some double thinking whether this is a good forum for them.  I’m an Italian that grew up in an Italian, Irish and German community.  We all got along great but I sure took my ribbing and was called every funny name that came around.  Dished it out too.

As far as I know nobody contracted thick skin and may have caused a special bonding that only close relationships can produce.  That said:

Any jerk carrying illegal weapons and drugs especially in a sensitive area when thoroughly warned deserves no consideration other than outright shamming in public.
Proud resident of Kent County DE