Author Topic: Status of app  (Read 14238 times)

will h

Status of app
« on: March 21, 2012, 12:30:16 AM »
Would it be worth it to call and inquire about the status of my app? I sent it off in the beginning of the month I know it takes some time. Just curious where it is in the process.
Thanks!

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
Re: Status of app
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:00:20 AM »
After 3 mo. I called. No one answered so I left a msg. 3 weeks and still waiting for a return call.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:54:46 PM »
It only took me about 8 weekd to get mine. I applied in Dec. The increase in applications has probably slowed it down. Last week there were 15 ads for applications in the Dover Post. I think that must be a new high. Usually there are only 2-3 a week in the DP and only 1-2 a week int he DSN for Kent County. Remember though, you must not carry concealed until you have a valid permit in your hands. You get cought with a weapon (gun, knife, etc.) before you get the permit, you will probably never get a permit.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
My app was in 12/7/2011 NCC.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:26:52 PM by craigwill201 »

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »
Oh, NCC you say?  Well up there your lucky to get one at all, let alone fast. That's the Liberal Progressive end of the state. They would just as soon you didn't have guns at all. Good luck Craigwill201, and hang in there.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 11:52:50 PM »
They told me all apps go to NCC no matter which county you apply in.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »
Muleman88,

My application was filed in Kent County, Went to The Kent County Superior Court, The Kent County office of the Attorney General, and was signed by Judge Whitam of the Kent County Superior Court. No finger prints from NCC. I think you are mistaken.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Bogey

Re: Status
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 07:13:02 PM »
I dropped my ccdw permit off 2-14-12 i think it's gonna be a long wait.I was told it could take up to 3 to 6 mo.
The things you see when you don't have a gun.....

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 12:42:53 AM »
Muleman88,

My application was filed in Kent County, Went to The Kent County Superior Court, The Kent County office of the Attorney General, and was signed by Judge Whitam of the Kent County Superior Court. No finger prints from NCC. I think you are mistaken.
Maybe they changed things since I applied about a year and a half ago. NCC was the only county that had the man power to do the checks needed. The investigator told me thats what takes so long with the apps. There was only 2 investigators  that did the backround checks in the state ( both in NCC) and they only did that part time when other work was slow. Maybe the state found some money to have more manpower??

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 04:09:29 PM »
Could be Muleman88. I just know it took me only about 8 weeks from beginning to end, to get my CCDW in Kent Cty. I am told that at the beginning of the year, that permit renewals take priority over new apps. That my cause a slow down at that time of the year. Also if Superior Court Judges are on Vacation or out of session has an effect.  I can't speak for NCC or Sussex. But I know the Attorney Generals Office is located on South Street, Dover, in the old Masonic bldg., and open year round.
I know from experience that even though mine only took 8 weeks, it still seemed like an eternity while I was waiting and wondering.
I have lived in Delaware for 48 years and hardly had as much as a speeding ticket, am a land owner, and all of my references, and I turned in 6, just to be sure, I have know for 20 years or more. I turned in an extra one because my neighbor goes to Florida in the winter and I thought if they called him and didn't get him they might kick my app. My referencs were all land owners, one a retire LEO, one a fire chief, one a retired teacher, two were business owners and  a farm owner. How could you go wrong with that?
New applicants might want to consider who the get for references and have a good reason to apply. Good Luck to all.

"A Armed County Is A Free Country"

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
Except on rare occasion, in NCC, it always, always, always takes a long time. 

Understaffed, overworked, and underpaid is always a bad combination.  Also, the May 31st expiration date doesn't really help.

I guess that the truth is low demand. If more people were applying, the State would probably see a need for bumping up the staff, or updating the process.

If it's been several months, it may be worth a call.  If it's been a few weeks (like in the OP's case), it only adds to the delay. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe they give you a three months estimate, so I would wait the three months before calling.

Willie848

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 02:10:44 AM »
Would it be worth it to call and inquire about the status of my app? I sent it off in the beginning of the month I know it takes some time. Just curious where it is in the process.
Thanks!

I don't think so just wait your call won't make them move any faster. It will come when it comes.

kimmie

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
I dropped mine off 3/9/12 and was told that it would be approx. 4 - 6 wks (which I was surprised) and she said that was because they had A LOT of applications.  My check cleared on the 20th.  Not sure if that's a sign it's coming soon or not (hope so).  This was at Georgetown's office.
Retired Navy Vet, Married w/2 kids.  Work in Salisbury MD.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
Kimmie,
Wow! Eleven days just to get the check cleared. They probably didn't start any processing until it cleared. That's why I paid cash and recommend it to all.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative