Author Topic: Got our PA Permit today  (Read 5423 times)

Got our PA Permit today
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:34:37 AM »
As most readers here are probably aware the "lady" that is attorney general in PA made the Florida non-res permit worthless unless you live in Florida as opposed to simply doing what Delaware does and require you have the state permit to carry in the state you live in ( in DE you need a DE permit to carry here if you live here).

We went to Bucks county. I forget how long the drive was, but it seemed over an hour and a half as we seemed to hit every light. We printed our forms and filled them out online with our references ( just have to be two people you know, cant be from the same home like husband and wife we were told and dont have to live in PA). It was $20 each and all they took is cash.
It took us about 30-45 minutes all together.

A deputy actually did our permits. Now what is funny is we were told that we would need to bring our DE permits and the lady I had spoken to before mentioned how they got lots of people from Delaware. Well this clown we will call Cleadus was telling me he could not take them because they did not say "deadly weapons permit" on the front above our pictures. Well we finally got him to look at the back where it mentioned it.

I was about to get a bit livid as we went that far and he was a bit dismissive at first. I found out later we were a few of the first ones he did. Apparently he was helping out the lady that does it normally. I think they did like 5 permits in the time we were there.

I doubt it would do any good but I wonder if I can email the florida ag and ask them to buy my permit back since its worthless for what I bought it for ( carry in pa) now. I don't think she put up enough of a fight for people who spent their hard earned money on a florida non res
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

robberbaron

Re: Got our PA Permit today
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 12:40:55 PM »
I went to Reading 2 weeks ago to get my PA permit. They have a satellite office at the airport. The clerk (Deputy maybe) was very efficient and has done many applications. I was out in less than an hour. It helps to have the paperwork filled out prior to arriving. I logged onto the Berks County website and downloaded it. It takes a little over an hour to get there from N. Wilmington.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:20:02 PM »
I went to Reading 2 weeks ago to get my PA permit. They have a satellite office at the airport. The clerk (Deputy maybe) was very efficient and has done many applications. I was out in less than an hour. It helps to have the paperwork filled out prior to arriving. I logged onto the Berks County website and downloaded it. It takes a little over an hour to get there from N. Wilmington.

I forget how I was told bucks is the place to go for same day service, but I think if we can we will be going to becks county next time as its closer. I also might find a good cheesesteak there since its closer to Philadelphia.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »
So Bucks and Reading both do same day PA permits?

We haven't gone up to PA yet for our permits as I've been traveling but I'd rather make the longer drive and get our permits same day instead of making 2 trips.

robberbaron

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 03:08:17 AM »
Near as I can tell, Berks, Lancaster and Bucks Counties will process the same day. Delaware County (Media) takes 2 trips. Chester County (West Chester) will only process residents of Chester County, so it is a wasted trip.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 03:18:08 AM »
Near as I can tell, Berks, Lancaster and Bucks Counties will process the same day. Delaware County (Media) takes 2 trips. Chester County (West Chester) will only process residents of Chester County, so it is a wasted trip.

Double check Lancaster. It had been a month or so since I called them, but one of the deputies there told me they used to do same day, but had been so busy it had been taking a couple weeks. They might be back to it though.

If you go up there I highly recommend the fried chicken at the Good and Plenty. It is some of the best I have since I left Alabama.

402carry

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
on bucks county web page i seem to be missing where the form is to print out.  anyone who has been there shoot me a direct link? 
NRA Member
NCC
DE CCDW Permit
FL CCDW Permit
PA CCDW Permit

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 01:15:28 PM »
http://www.buckscounty.org/government/rowOfficers/Sheriff/WeaponsPermit.aspx

Please let me know the turn around time.  Mine will be expiring next month.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 03:19:33 PM »
http://www.buckscounty.org/government/rowOfficers/Sheriff/WeaponsPermit.aspx

Please let me know the turn around time.  Mine will be expiring next month.

The drive is the biggest part. We were in and out in like 40 minutes and the guy did not know what he was going. A person who had the lady who usually does it was out in like 20 minutes.

Might be a good group outing?

Car pool to exercise the second amendment lol

Bmel17

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »

I doubt it would do any good but I wonder if I can email the florida ag and ask them to buy my permit back since its worthless for what I bought it for ( carry in pa) now. I don't think she put up enough of a fight for people who spent their hard earned money on a florida non res

I wouldn't to try get my money back simply because it wasn't Florida's fault or decision.  Just luck of the draw

FIREFIGHTER7248

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »
Buddy of mine just went to Lancaster Court House last week and was in and out in 20 minutes and after $20 had his permit in hand headed south
Sussex County

SteveMiller

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 12:02:39 AM »
Would have been in and out in 20 min  (Reading airport)  but the IT guy there couldn't configure the new printer to work so now they are mailing it.  Chose Reading so we could hit cabelas too
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America