General Gun Discussion > Training Classes

CCDW Course Review - Marino Tactical

<< < (2/2)

LostM:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on September 04, 2016, 01:20:40 PM ---Wow, sounds picky. If he spent so much time, timing things, he probably missed a lot of good info, IMHO. He is the only person I have ever heard of that had a problem with Marino Tactical. I have taken the CCW course there and have recommended it to others that have taken courses there, and never a problem has been voiced.
Perhaps he should become a instructor and conduct his own classes if he thinks he can do better. If so don't count on most of us being there. I'll always go to Marino's, Kirk and Barry are tops in my book.

--- End quote ---

Im glad you had a positive experience. I did not. I anticipate groupies jumping to defend their purchases, it happens in every facet of life.

Just to reiterate: I listened intently to all the information passed, and as I clearly stated, it was good information for those that were able to retain it.

I suppose its picky to to expect an instructor to keep an eye on and correct students failing 4/5 of firearms safety rules while handling weapons during live fire exercises.

I suppose its picky to expect an instructor to identify and closely watch students for cleared weapons after firing and before leaving the weapons unattended.

I offered simple solutions to correct what I found lacking; once corrected I believe the company would be well served and expand its reputation positively.

FYI, if you already have your ccdw permit, why would you attend a class if I were to do so? You would be better served attending a practical/advanced shooting course, IMHO.

And just to appy your own reasoning, change "gun" to "topic"

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on August 24, 2016, 10:50:37 PM ---Start a thread on any gun that is new on the market or even new to you and everyone has to tell you why theirs is better. Nobody cares. Be happy with what you got.

--- End quote ---

True:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on August 24, 2016, 02:46:34 PM ---Anybody the has never made a mistake, has never done anything.

--- End quote ---

Cbmarine:
I used Marino Tactical also three years ago. The course composition was better than described but the range experience paralleled LostM's: another old geezer would regularly point his weapon near his foot with finger on trigger. Muzzle control was not evident. Also observed other poor gun handling. I was satisfied with the classroom briefing, however I had previously taken the UT course and may have had prior knowledge that filled in the blanks.
About LostM's review and subsequent comments:
1. Slow diploma delivery is a high impact dissatifaction and easily fixed. Inexcusable without extenuation.
2. Safe gun handling is paramount: nothing like a range 'accident' to destroy a business's reputation. Also a poorly trained graduate is a future liability.
3. Instuctor bios and attendee and anecdotes should be minimized. I judge an instructor by the quality of the presentation not by the resume.
4. Agree on having a pass/fail criteria
5. The tone of the review was tainted by the complaints about signage and seating.
6. Don't engage in personal invective even when provoked.

Lastly, exchanges such as demonstrated in this thread don't reflect well on this forum. Our more seasoned members should behave better. I am not an instructor but did see actionable advice in LostM's review.

CorBon:
Wow, this is like a holiday fireworks show...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version