Author Topic: group of motorcyclists ( not bikers) chase family in van beating father  (Read 7685 times)

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/30/20759574-caught-on-video-father-with-family-in-suv-chased-beaten-by-speed-demon-bikers?lite

Now this is one reason I carry a gun and think people should. This could have been a lot worse for this guy. Looks like a bunch of young punks as opposed to a motorcycle gang for the most part.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

ESPMan

Re: group of motorcyclists ( not bikers) chase family in van beating father
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:47:29 AM »
Well, maybe next time they won't showboat on a highway in front of an SUV. If I was getting assaulted by a bunch of punks on bikes, I think I would have ran them over too. (I drive a Dodge Ram 1500,so I think it would be pretty easy  ;))
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:20:16 PM »
Now this is one reason I carry a gun and think people should. ...

And your daily round count you carry is?
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »

30, ok if I don't miss.  Maybe I should keep a few more in the car?
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 03:57:48 PM »

21... but they're 10mm Auto, so the shock wave from each shot should kill several attackers.  :o
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »
Saw the video on TV this morning. I wonder what happened before the video was shot. Did the SUV driver do anything to provoke this, or was it just a random act of violence. I usually question videos on TV, because you don't always see the whole story. Time will tell what really happened.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 07:08:34 PM »
Well seeing this and the need WE share for magazines over 10 rounds, I sent the representative for my area an email.

Dear Mrs. Blevins and Mr. Mitchell;

Hope this finds you well.

I would like a reply please to this email.

New York City police continue to hunt for as many as 30 motorcyclists who forced a driver on a harrowing high-speed chase through Upper Manhattan and then beat him in front of his wife and 2-year-old daughter.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/30/20759574-caught-on-video-father-with-family-in-suv-chased-beaten-by-speed-demon-bikers#comments

This is WHY I am AGAINST limiting the magazine capacity of law abiding citizens!

Not that I'm going to carry 145 rounds of ammo, but here is an article where a POLICE OFFICER feels it is necessary to do so in carrying out his job.

Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job
http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issues/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

Again, please take the time to read the articles and I would like a response.  I am very interested in your opinion.

Sincerely,

Radnor
My address
(C)(302) ***-****

And the reply to my email:

Radnor,

Thank you for contacting me on this issue. As you know we passed two bills this past session regarding the reporting of lost or stolen guns and registering handguns closing a loop hole at the gun shows. I supported both bills which became law.

I was the sponsor for the Governors bill limiting the amount of rounds that you can possess. As we proceeded through the process I quickly realized the support for this legislation was not favorable. As a retired law enforcement officer in Delaware I did receive calls and emails from some law enforcement officers opposing this bill. I informed the Governor I would not bring this bill to the floor untill I knew the support was in place within the House of Representatives to pass the bill.

I will not be bringing this bill to the floor in the future as the prime sponsor.

J. Larry Mitchell
State Representative

So, once again it is time to watch our elected officials REAL close.  The LAST 2 lines worry me.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:15:07 PM by Radnor »
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 07:37:18 PM »
The bikers were holding an illegal rally (for the second year) and the driver was reported to have called the police on the rally. The police knew about the rally and antics of the bikers this year and had made a number of other arrests and bike seizures through out the day. This rally included a lot of dangerous riding on the roads and highways endangering others.. I know 2 people who attended last year and said they wouldn't go back. What happened to provoke the chase is anyone's guess, I'm going with he told them he was going to report them, might have even been a loud mouthed genius about it, they didn't like that and figured they'd intimidate him some. Entirely speculating but that's my guess. Once that happened its an adrenaline/rage thing, people got ramped up and outta control. Then the biker caused the accident, others behind just saw the father drive into the biker escalating it further.

Regardless, I'm gonna side with the father & family (his wife and 2 year old were with him) here 100% as they were pursued, threatened repeatedly, attacked & assaulted.

I'd have run the first little prick over at the beginning, not stopped, and followed up with anyone else foolish enough to try it. Would have had the wife call 911, explain the situation and request immediate police assistance as I stayed on the highway.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
Radnor I agree.. "untill I knew the support was in place" is a scary statement. The support shouldn't be from other House members.. It should be from his constituents! The people he is supposed to represent. Not his own agenda or those of others.

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 08:37:46 PM »
Radnor I agree.. "untill I knew the support was in place" is a scary statement. The support shouldn't be from other House members.. It should be from his constituents! The people he is supposed to represent. Not his own agenda or those of others.

Typical political doubletalk. IN other words "Despite this being Delaware we have not brainwashed enough people yet and don't have the votes to push it. Relax if we get them we will bring it back up"
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 08:43:38 PM »

It can vary. With the 1911 I have 2 or 3 8 round mags with 1 in the chamber. My back up .380 has 2 mags with 6 rounds each and one in the chamber. Low count about 30 rounds. If I have the glock 17 its 1 17 round mag plus 1 and another 17 round mag so high end is 35.

The thing some forget though with situations like this though is that often if you go for the toughest guy first the other back off. You protect yourself against the leader and the others back off. Seems very common with experience with bullies this can be the case.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »
I believe that Rep. Mitchell was unopposed the last time that he ran.

It seems to me that Radnor has just volunteered to run against him.

Sometime early next year I will compile a list of all of the unopposed races where the candidate is not openly pro 2A.

It would send a great message if pro-constitution, freedom, 2A candidates run in all unopposed & unfriendly races.

There is absolutely nothing to loose. You never know when some scandal might come up or how many "I really didn't like that guy but he's a D" votes are out there.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Etrier

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »
I am stunned that Radnor even got a response from Mr. Mitchell.  I am located in the same districts represented by Blevins and Mitchell.  I did not hear anything from either of them regarding my emails during the last legislative session.  Looking forward to 2014 elections to see Mr. Mitchell run against both a pro gun democrat and a pro gun republican.  We will just have to work hard to make it happen.  Hoping to see a pro gun candidate run in every district who's current representative sponsored gun control legislation last session.
Kydex Holster Maker

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »
One of you can be the D and the other the R.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »
I am stunned that Radnor even got a response from Mr. Mitchell.  I am located in the same districts represented by Blevins and Mitchell.

Well, last session before all the SH%& legislation was introduced, I called Mr. Mitchell.  He called me back and we spent 15-20 minutes on the phone.  Shocked the SH%& out of me!  Then after each bill was introduced I wrote again.  They were not answered until I CC'd Jeff Speigleman(SP?) on one and said I heard more from him than either of the two of them and he's not my Rep.  That did get a response....

1 May I went to Dover to testify against the magazine bill.  Walked in Patty Blevins office and spoke to the gal behind the desk.  Asked he if she received my phone messages.  She said no.  Then I started to recite one and she said she remembered.  After we talked a little Mrs. Blevins came in.  So I asked her.  She said no too.  I said, "well you might want to have a talk to the young lady at the desk then because I've been leaving them".  So, I dont know if it does not fit the agenda of the receptionist then Mrs. Blevins does not get it.  Dont know....

All I can say is STAY ACTIVE!!!  If we are silent, they will assume we agree with them.