Author Topic: 72 Killed In Gun Confiscation Raid  (Read 7089 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
72 Killed In Gun Confiscation Raid
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:47:59 PM »
Boston – National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarkB

• Life Member
Re: 72 Killed In Gun Confiscation Raid
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:07:37 PM »
Great post.

It sounds eerily familiar and, with just a change of names and locations, could happen today.  Scary and sad.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »
Great story!  I need the inspiration some times!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

firststatefirearms

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 01:23:15 AM »
If that story could run in the main stream media, maybe our fellow citizens would wake up. 
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 05:40:41 AM »
And Permanent Residents too  ;D

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 02:01:53 PM »
Ah yes, I remember it well, but I was very young then...... ;D
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »
I wish more people would get this.

The massacre of wounded knife also involved gun confiscation. In this case soldiers were trying to take guns from the Indians.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 08:07:13 PM »

The massacre of wounded knife also involved gun confiscation. In this case soldiers were trying to take guns from the Indians.

with these words " You can trust us".... How did that work out for everybody..??
New Castle County

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »

with these words " You can trust us".... How did that work out for everybody..??

My father used to say about trust is

"Whenever you hear someone in a position over you say trust us remember that is what the white man said to the Indians".

I will go further and say that is what managers say to the worker bees, guys say to their girlfriends or the doctor says before you get a shot "Trust me. This won't hurt a bit"
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 01:40:17 AM »

Wounded Knife or Wounded Knee? Documented by Dee Brown, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: A Indian History Of The American West . I read the paperback version some thirty-five years ago.  A quote from this great book.

The Oglala Sioux Red Cloud said: "The white man made us many promises - more than I can remember, but he never kept but one: he promised to take our land - and he took it".
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:46:40 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

robberbaron

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 02:00:45 AM »
"I'm from the government, and I am here to help."  No falser words were ever spoken, in my opinion.

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 02:32:04 AM »

Wounded Knife or Wounded Knee? Documented by Dee Brown, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: A Indian History Of The American West . I read the paperback version some thirty-five years ago.  A quote from this great book.

The Oglala Sioux Red Cloud said: "The white man made us many promises - more than I can remember, but he never kept but one: he promised to take our land - and he took it".

Sorry was thinking of when the soldiers were "relieved" of their hair at little big horn. The battle of wounded Knee. I recall that book from 11th grade history class.

Native americans or American Indians can teach of about many things
1, the government
2, what happens when you let people come to your land and take over without fighting back ( our illegal immigration problem today)
3, why we should keep our guns ( see first two)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »
"I'm from the government, and I am here to help."  No falser words were ever spoken, in my opinion.

EXACTLY!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County