Author Topic: Carry a concealed weapon into a bank?  (Read 7126 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
Carry a concealed weapon into a bank?
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:58:25 AM »
This article appeared today on Bankrate.com.  Overall it is anti-gun but ends on a true position.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/banking/carry-concealed-weapon-into-bank.aspx?ec_id=cmct_01_comm_PF_image_headline
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Carry a concealed weapon into a bank?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »
IMO, the misperception of the article is contained in this quote (emphasis added).  The author assumes that the CC won't wait for an active shooter situation and will fire away under every robbery scenarion, i.e., every CC is a cowboy. The quote is muddled; the last sentence indicates that even with an active shooter the best answer is to just get shot. The concept of a deterrent is also missing in the article. I do agree that untrained CCs can be a problem.

"The reason they're armed is that their intent is to fight back," she says. "If you're next to the guy who pulls out that gun, it changes the dynamics of the situation. If there is any resistance (during a robbery), you are much more likely to be injured. The most active resistance you can have is returning gunfire."

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/banking/carry-concealed-weapon-into-bank.aspx#ixzz38x3a3shB
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »
The article also says that, the State of Montana is the only state with a law prohibiting CC in a bank. And again, concealed means concealed with a legal permit. I carry in a bank often and never have had a "incidence" of being questioned about it.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 03:25:57 AM »
Funny too that they fixated on Montana not allowing concealed carry in a bank.  Open carry in a bank is perfectly legal in Montana

I just love how everyone thinks they are special.  Oh my! Can't allow carry in a bank!

Well going to or from a bank to me is a prime place that a thug may decide to attack.  Bank carry is a no brainer. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 11:07:28 AM »
I carry into banks... unless they have an "airlock" like the Citizens Bank on Route 4 near the ShopRite.
I figure, if the metal detector goes off, I might end up stuck in there... not a crime, but I wouldn't look forward to explaining myself to the responding LEOs.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 11:23:52 AM »
I have always carried when I go into banks. It usually means that I have cash to deposit or I will be taking cash out, so why would I not want my concealed weapon with me?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:25:25 AM by seniorgeek »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »
I carry into banks... unless they have an "airlock" like the Citizens Bank on Route 4 near the ShopRite.
I figure, if the metal detector goes off, I might end up stuck in there... not a crime, but I wouldn't look forward to explaining myself to the responding LEOs.

Don't those "air locks" just activate when the teller initiates during a robbery?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:36:06 PM by Clarence »

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 04:19:07 PM »

Don't those "air locks" just activate when the teller initiates during a robbery?

I'm not sure, but they have big TSA-style metal detectors. I didn't want to find out the hard way, so I go to the bank branches inside supermarkets instead.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »
Del-One credit union branches have those "air locks" with metal detectors. You enter and leave at their discretion.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 06:40:15 PM »
I wonder how much metal it takes to set one off?

I carry a large multi-tool everywhere seems like that would set it off.  

I did see in the Noosy Urinal where a bank robber was caught in one of those things in Newark.  Tried to break out and apparently damaged the enclosure.  Looks like it was a Citizens Bank.  They called it a Man Trap.  In this case the teller had to push a button.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/31/bank-workers-trap-robbery-suspect-prevent-escape/13443713/

They added an additional charge of criminal mischief which I thought was a nice touch.  
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 07:16:20 PM by Clarence »

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »
No issues at any of the TD Banks from Dover up. Walk in, do my business and leave with my sidearm. Don't give it a thought at all.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »
Del-One credit union branches have those "air locks" with metal detectors. You enter and leave at their discretion.

I conceal carry at Del-One on a regular basis and go through the metal detectors with no problems.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Siludni

• Old-school citizen, Navy Vet, NRA Life, DSSA
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 04:43:02 PM »
One of the services offered by Del-One is a coin sorting machine. A metal detector could make it difficult for
customers to bring in a bag, box or jar of coins to be counted. If a detector is in use, it may only be serving
as a warning that a particular customer should be "watched" or regarded with some caution.
   Regards!
"How strange is youth! You are not ashamed to be a fool, but are ashamed to admit having been one, when admitting it will make you a wise man again!"
                                                                                        Daniel Defoe