Author Topic: Walmart to stop selling guns.  (Read 11201 times)

kent

Walmart to stop selling guns.
« on: June 17, 2013, 06:55:07 PM »
Was in the area today and noticed the Milford Walmart's gun cabinet is empty. Was told Walmarts in Delaware will not be selling any more guns.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Walmart to stop selling guns.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:11:15 PM »
Good. More business for local FFL's.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:30:30 PM »
This may translate into no more ammo either.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 07:49:05 PM »
I don't shop there anyway. Would rather give my business to X-Ring or local FFL. But I realize Walmarts is convenient for a lot of people. The more stores that fold and stop selling, the more pressure they can put on the remaining stores.
New Castle County

Etrier

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 01:08:43 AM »
Walmart is a Retail Partner with Bloomberg's Mayor's Against Illegal Gun organization.  Their lobbyists have contacted members of our legislature using 3 different lobbyists for SB 23, Repeal the current legislation that the state regulate firearms and ammunition and allow local jurisdictions to develop their own laws.  They have also used 2 lobbyists in connection with HB 35, Background checks.  I have no reason to shop at Walmart for guns, ammo or any other items. 
Kydex Holster Maker

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »

no worries about ammo my friend...anyone needs ammo i'll be more than happy to take care of you....

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
I just saw this on another gun site:

Walmart is a Retail Partner with Bloomberg's Mayor's Against Illegal Gun organization.  Their lobbyists have contacted members of our legislature using 3 different lobbyists for SB 23, Repeal the current legislation that the state regulate firearms and ammunition and allow local jurisdictions to develop their own laws.  They have also used 2 lobbyists in connection with HB 35, Background checks.  I have no reason to shop at Walmart for guns, ammo or any other items. 

Pretty much says it all.

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »

no worries about ammo my friend...anyone needs ammo i'll be more than happy to take care of you....

Glad to hear someone mention that!  The only reason I purchased ammo at Walmart was pricing.  I know I can purchase elsewhere but at elevated prices.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
I dont shop there for any of my firearm needs - or ammo needs for that matter.  I'd much rather give my money to a local small business than some big box store that doesn't give two craps about us.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 12:53:37 AM »
I like to support my local FFL. Stewart has been a good dealer and takes lots of time to explain or give me options for what I am thinking about purchasing. Actually he should as I have given him over $3000 in sales so far in 2013.

Needless to save I am now in the poor house. I will except any donations.  :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Hootbro

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 12:39:33 PM »
So does anybody know the real reason they have stopped selling in Delaware or is it just speculation that it is due to anti-gun lobbying?

Wal-Mart has pulled gun sales from other areas of the country and in some cases brought them back. In those cases, it was a pure business decision as the cost of properly staffing those stores to do gun sales was not a money maker. Not just any booger picker at Wal-Mart can handle the firearms nor be intrusted with the paperwork. In some cases, it is only one guy in some stores and if he is off or sick, no guns get sold.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:42:40 PM by Hootbro »

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »
HA, he said booger picker.
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 03:26:28 PM »
It is a fact that a Walmart employee can not sell guns or ammo unless they take and pass a FFL exam. I worked at a Walmart for a while and remember having to take a exam and wait for approval before I could sell guns or ammo. I was left in the dept. alone once before my authorization came through, and a woman and her son wanted some ammo and I couldn't sell it, and she just raised hell with me and said she was going to see the store manager. I explained I was not authorized, and she took off mad, and I never saw her again. Dealing with the public, is not always good.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

kent

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »
I was told by the employee in the Sporting Goods section that it is because Walmart does not want people bringing guns into the store for the (Walmart) FFL's to make seller to buyer transactions. Walmart feels because of the NEW Law any FFL will have to make the legal transfer now that a (example) gun owner cannot sell his or her firearm to his next door neighbor.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Hootbro

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
I was told by the employee in the Sporting Goods section that it is because Walmart does not want people bringing guns into the store for the (Walmart) FFL's to make seller to buyer transactions. Walmart feels because of the NEW Law any FFL will have to make the legal transfer now that a (example) gun owner cannot sell his or her firearm to his next door neighbor.

That makes sense.