Author Topic: Delaware's New Background Check  (Read 10499 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Delaware's New Background Check
« on: July 03, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »
Proud resident of Kent County DE

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
Re: Delaware's New Background Check
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »
Woo hoo, now no criminals will have guns!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »
Hmm, if you as a CCDW permit holder buy a gun from someone who shouldn't have had the gun, do you then have an illegal gun?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 06:44:46 AM »
I'm having a blonde, sleep deprived moment.  How is this any different than the background check we all go through already.  I understand that now all transactions must go through an FFL (which means money out of someone's pocket), but there seems to be a lot of folks up in arms over this one.  Am I missing something?? 

And of course, I'll say it again, that there is no such thing as a "good" gun control bill... (yes, Frank, except for the 2nd Amendment LOL). 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 11:41:50 AM »
This law guarantees criminals won’t even think about legal transfers.  Speaking of room in the trunk.  Maybe not if that’s where all the street gun sales are happening.

The seller risks losing the firearm altogether if anything flags on his/her background.  I understand that back alimony, unpaid parking tickets and back taxes can create a hold on your application.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 01:17:27 PM »
It's just another sneaky way of getting more guns away from legal gun owners. It has nothing to do with criminals.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »
I have issues with the fact that if there is a hold on the sale the FFL must take possession of the firearm and then you as the owner must go through another background check before you can have it back if the buyer is denied. Oh and if the owner fails for some reason is there reembursment for them? Does the owner need to pay the FFL fee for the background check to reclaim his own property?

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 06:37:22 PM »
I have issues with the fact that if there is a hold on the sale the FFL must take possession of the firearm and then you as the owner must go through another background check before you can have it back if the buyer is denied. Oh and if the owner fails for some reason is there reembursment for them? Does the owner need to pay the FFL fee for the background check to reclaim his own property?

As I understand the new law this is correct. Hopefully in the next session we can get this amended to make sense.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »
OH, one more thing, always by your used firearm from another CCDW or FFL then you won't have to go through all the BS. ;) ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 08:10:59 PM »
OH, one more thing, always by your used firearm from another CCDW or FFL then you won't have to go through all the BS. ;) ;)

Our Classified section here should be the first thing we think about if looking to sell a firearm. Well, for our CCDW holders anyways.. Of which I'm still not a member yet.  :-\ Hopefully the wife and I will receive them soon!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
Ive always sold to someone I know VERY well.  Otherwise, I've always made the buyer pay the transfer fee and gone through an FFL.  However, I think I just may start to keep everything I buy.

I do think that it is BS that if you, the seller, have a buyer who gets turned down that you then must go through a background check yourself to get your very own property back!! 

Thanks, I'll skip all of this and just not sell anything.

Have I told you guys that Wyoming or Montana keeps sounding better and better every day???     >:(

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »
Can't speak for Montana, but we just left Wyoming, and have applied for a mortage pre-qual. Sherrif is top LEO in county. An Elected official. If you are a Wyoming resident, you can CCW "without a permit", on your person or in your car. If not a resident, you can open carry or use your CCW from a state that they are recp with. Of course Delaware is not it...We  both have AZ and PA, so we are covered when we go there. Oh yeah, and no state income tax, and cheap property tax too. And you can get a CCW in Wyoming if you are gonna travel, and it is a "will issue state" and like PA, you get it from the Sherrif's office.
New Castle County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
Do I take a little Wyoming promotion form JOET?  ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 12:17:51 AM »
Yeah, I did get a little carried away....
New Castle County

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 02:22:23 AM »
Can't speak for Montana, but we just left Wyoming, and have applied for a mortage pre-qual. Sherrif is top LEO in county. An Elected official. If you are a Wyoming resident, you can CCW "without a permit", on your person or in your car. If not a resident, you can open carry or use your CCW from a state that they are recp with. Of course Delaware is not it...We  both have AZ and PA, so we are covered when we go there. Oh yeah, and no state income tax, and cheap property tax too. And you can get a CCW in Wyoming if you are gonna travel, and it is a "will issue state" and like PA, you get it from the Sherrif's office.

Joet

You are not letting the left run you out of Delaware are you?

If you are I can't say I blame you.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"